New Pipe -- Black Matrix Bamboo!

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

bscofield wrote:I have not smoked it yet. I plan on doing so this week.

I had considered that issue but I have to say that I wondered if the moisture accumulation from the smoke would be sufficient. Reason being is that i had to do something to the bamboo after it was already blackened and as I result I discovered that the black dye, which I applied quite liberally, did not go very deep at all. Because of that I would suspect that it would require a great deal of moisture to come from inside of the cavity in order to come into contact with the dye, and then come out even further to the hand.

I'll report back.
It'll be an interesting experiment. I look forward to hearing your results. I am surprised that the stain didn't absorb much. There's one data point.

I had a bamboo-shanked pipe that would bleed out the nodes. That might be altogether different though, and that has been an isolated incident with bamboo for me.
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

Tyler wrote: I had a bamboo-shanked pipe that would bleed out the nodes.
Sounds like a personal problem :lol:
Frank

Post by Frank »

bscofield wrote:
Tyler wrote: I had a bamboo-shanked pipe that would bleed out the nodes.
Sounds like a personal problem :lol:
Perhaps Tyler had to smoke it while sitting on one of those rubber doughnut cushions! :hot:
Regards,
Frank.
------------------
Grouch Happens!
People usually get the gods they deserve - Terry Pratchett