my first pipe..

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Mouwes123

my first pipe..

Post by Mouwes123 »

hello guys..
this is my first one that i finished ( after i killed some briar blocks :oops: )
to many flaws that changed my pipe to many times in the middle of the work.. ( there were crazy flaws in every point of the stummel )
but this the best i think i can do from this one in this point.
please tell me what you think ..

Last edited by Mouwes123 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rodneywt1180b

Re: my first pipe..

Post by Rodneywt1180b »

You may want to post full size images of your pipe onto the site instead of the thumbnails. It's taking forever for the first thumbnail to load on my computer and I don't think most guys are going to be patient enough to wait. It's been about 5 minutes and maybe 1/4 of the image is showing now.
Rodney
Mouwes123

Post by Mouwes123 »

Rodneywt1180b wrote:You may want to post full size images of your pipe onto the site instead of the thumbnails. It's taking forever for the first thumbnail to load on my computer and I don't think most guys are going to be patient enough to wait. It's been about 5 minutes and maybe 1/4 of the image is showing now.
Rodney
done !
Ocelot55

Post by Ocelot55 »

Much better than my first. :lol:

Only one piece of advice: GO MAKE ANOTHER!
Growley

Post by Growley »

Great first pipe. Better than my first as well. Since you're looking for advice I'll throw one comment out there. I know the shadow plays a part in this, but I believe you need to tilt the bowl forward just a few degrees next time. Have it 90 degrees give is the appearance that it's actually tilting backwards.

Great work.

Brian.
The Smoking Yeti

Post by The Smoking Yeti »

Waitta be!

As they said- the biggies here are
-bowl tilt
-GO MAKE ANOTHER

You've done a lot of things well for a first pipe- you'll obviously be improving from this point(aren't we all always improving?)

One thing to watch for with your next pipe- the shank flares as it approaches the stem junction- with this shape, you want that line to be razor sharp and straight, spending a bit more time with files and sand paper will help this out a ton.

Cheers!

Yeti
My pipemaking stream of conscience/ website:

http://yetipipe.tumblr.com/
Mouwes123

Post by Mouwes123 »

Thank you all!
I took a bad quality pictures and the shade makes the pipe look very bad.