Finished Sasquatch Zulu

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
pipeguy

Finished Sasquatch Zulu

Post by pipeguy »

Finally got this one finished

"I never knew how empty was my soul untill it was filled" Arthur
http://www.clarkpipes.com
wisemanpipes

Re: Finished Sasquatch Zulu

Post by wisemanpipes »

every photo but the first is blury but what the hell. i like this one. the stummels got nice grain and you trimmed the meat off it nicely, but the shank size doesnt match the bowl size. the stem seems a little odd and uneven because the bottom line is nice and straight while the top starts to taper halfway down, but other than that shes nice looking. btw i love how you took the pics on the lathe, i like that alot.
anyway
cheers
-evan
Last edited by wisemanpipes on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andrew

Post by andrew »

Just so you know, its a pot. Zulu usually cants forward. The stain is nice. The additional stem ornamentation looks good, it meshes well with the overall pipe design. The shank/bowl junction needs to have a lot more taken off. The stem length and bend are good. I would spend more time polishingyour stem., it looks like it just came off your tripoli wheel.
andrew

Post by andrew »

Are you by chance using an old atlas lathe?
Literaryworkshop

Post by Literaryworkshop »

I like the shape.

If your camera has a macro setting, use it. Photobucket has a pretty good on-board photo editing tool, which you should play with. Just tweak the controls until the picture looks better. You've got a good eye, so I think you can figure it out.
- Steve S.
pipeguy

Post by pipeguy »

Andy,old is a very discriminateing word. I perfer seasond and proven . It's a 1937 and it's balls on I love it :thumbsup:
"I never knew how empty was my soul untill it was filled" Arthur
http://www.clarkpipes.com