Pipe #3 progress pics *Meerschaum*

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
bbeberle

Pipe #3 progress pics *Meerschaum*

Post by bbeberle »

Well I finally got my block in from Turkey :) Obviously it's it's against the law their to send out raw material so he just made a kit for me. Still not a true pipe maker yet but I think I'm well on my way to. And I don't really have a choice on Meer considering the laws. ANYWAYS, it came to me as a drilled block of meer, etc. and here it is now.

The shank is a little too straight now that I am seeing how the bowl curves but I think I can fix that. Obviously I have some sanding to do and already have plans for the top of the bowl. I like the way the bowl is curving and the overall look of the pipe so far is what I wanted.

What would you change? Any advice? Did I already screw it up beyond belief haha? Give me some good HONEST, BRUTAL feed back on the progress so far. IF you feel like you can of course. Pics are beeelow.

WCannoy

Re: Pipe #3 progress pics *Meerschaum*

Post by WCannoy »

Well, you've already screwed it up... that looks nothing like a claw holding an egg! :lol:
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

Awesome! Can't wait to see what you do with it.
Wayne Teipen
Teipen Handmade Briar Pipes
http://www.teipenpipes.com
bbeberle

Post by bbeberle »

WCannoy wrote:Well, you've already screwed it up... that looks nothing like a claw holding an egg! :lol:
OMG I just about died laughing! That's great.
WCannoy

Post by WCannoy »

I do like the shape though... Looks like a checkmark ✔... like the pipe gods have given approval of your face