Another 57 cents

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
billiard

Another 57 cents

Post by billiard »

Finally started taking commissions, a nerve racking process for me to be sure. I felt really fortunate that my friend Art on Smoker's Forums asked for the first one: My take on the Sav 614 in black.

Just a couple pics:

Really just posting to toss my extra change into the due's jar we all need to pay into... 57 cents aint much money... but I heard it adds up and every other month or so Sas has to buy Rad lunch with it... but I dunno, it's just rumors... so as usual don't pay me no mind.

Cheers,
Billiard
Ocelot55

Re: Another 57 cents

Post by Ocelot55 »

Good job Billiard! I'm looking at my Sav 614 right now. The Sav is a bit curvier with a slightly steeper bend. I also think it could lose a little weight though. Overall I think you did a good job. Keep up the good work.
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

That'll make someone happy.
RadDavis

Post by RadDavis »

Very nice, Bill!

Rad
Nate

Post by Nate »

Lookin' good Bill!!
wmolaw

Post by wmolaw »

Really nice, love the rustication. What did you use to get the effect?
Leus

Post by Leus »

Love the pipe and good sharp photography, but I'm not crazy about the towels you use as backdrop...
billiard

Post by billiard »

Thanks for the kind words everyone :)

Ocelot, yeah it's not an exact 614. Also it may be a bit heavy, you are probably right, I've made so many apples as of late everything is getting appley, will need to recover from that... I've drinkin so many hard ciders lately I am getting a bit appley, will need to recover from that too... but I digress.

Wmolaw, It's a home-made thing that looks like a prison shiv, think of a short fat screw driver with funky notches cut into the bit. I have made a few now and that gives me different effects, some effects I like more than others but they all basically do the same thing.

Leus, thanks, my wife wouldn't let me take the nice towels! ;)