Dreams and fanaticism

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
wmolaw

Dreams and fanaticism

Post by wmolaw »

Well, I now realize I have become a fanatic about making pipes. I dreamed of pipe screw ups all night long.

I'm making a pick ax type freehand and it has a pit that appeared on the bottom of the pick, I dreamed that when I put my finger into the bowl, it broke through the area that had the pit! The entire pipe then fell apart.

Later I dreamed that no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get a tenon to fit, they kept breaking off in the mortise, time after time, after time.

Damn, almost as bad as golf now!
Leus

Re: Dreams and fanaticism

Post by Leus »

wmolaw wrote:Later I dreamed that no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get a tenon to fit, they kept breaking off in the mortise, time after time, after time.
I had that dream too!

Wait... no, it wasn't a dream.
wmolaw

Post by wmolaw »

Leus wrote:
wmolaw wrote:Later I dreamed that no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get a tenon to fit, they kept breaking off in the mortise, time after time, after time.
I had that dream too!

Wait... no, it wasn't a dream.
Now that was funny as hell!
SchmidtN

Post by SchmidtN »

I think that happens with anything you do a lot during the day. I went through a year of having applied physics nightmares in college. Then I got to wake up and do it for real, haha. You think Charlie Sheen has nightmares about doing blow and loose women?
Hello, I'm #1312.
That's a really big number.
d.huber

Post by d.huber »

SchmidtN wrote:You think Charlie Sheen has nightmares about doing blow and loose women?
Only when he's awake.
http://www.dshpipes.com

"Strive for excellence, not for what someone else accepts."
-Tyler Beard
d.huber

Post by d.huber »

wmolaw wrote:Well, I now realize I have become a fanatic about making pipes. I dreamed of pipe screw ups all night long.

I'm making a pick ax type freehand and it has a pit that appeared on the bottom of the pick, I dreamed that when I put my finger into the bowl, it broke through the area that had the pit! The entire pipe then fell apart.

Later I dreamed that no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get a tenon to fit, they kept breaking off in the mortise, time after time, after time.

Damn, almost as bad as golf now!
I had to laugh at this. I had a dream last night that I tightened the screws, nuts, and bolts on my lathe. :lol:

-Tyler Beard
wmolaw

Post by wmolaw »

Funny, I never dream about practicing law. I only dream about those things which have grabbed me like an iron fist, like Golf, and now making pipes.

So many folks dreamed of missing tests, etc during school (lo those many years ago), but I never did, not once.
d.huber

Post by d.huber »

wmolaw wrote:Funny, I never dream about practicing law. I only dream about those things which have grabbed me like an iron fist, like Golf, and now making pipes.

So many folks dreamed of missing tests, etc during school (lo those many years ago), but I never did, not once.
Worst dreams I ever had where when I was a waiter. A million tables, you're never fast enough, and the customers are always unhappy. Nightmarish to say the least!

-Tyler Beard
wmolaw

Post by wmolaw »

UberHuberMan wrote:
wmolaw wrote:Funny, I never dream about practicing law. I only dream about those things which have grabbed me like an iron fist, like Golf, and now making pipes.

Worst dreams I ever had where when I was a waiter. A million tables, you're never fast enough, and the customers are always unhappy. Nightmarish to say the least!
I have never been a waiter. Bartender, busboy, dishwasher, short order cook, drilled seismic wells, all types of construction, but have never, ever been a waiter.
d.huber

Post by d.huber »

wmolaw wrote:
UberHuberMan wrote:

I have never been a waiter. Bartender, busboy, dishwasher, short order cook, drilled seismic wells, all types of construction, but have never, ever been a waiter.
Have any nightmares about drilling seismic wells? *giggle*

-Tyler Beard
wmolaw

Post by wmolaw »

Okay, okay, that was unseemly! :lol:
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

You guys luck out. I have dreams about post-apocalyptic dystopia complete with sub-rosa evils and enemies.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
Tyler
Site Supporter

Dreams and fanaticism

Post by Tyler »

KurtHuhn wrote:You guys luck out. I have dreams about post-apocalyptic dystopia complete with sub-rosa evils and enemies.
Maybe you need to consider a different before-bedtime beverage?
wmolaw

Post by wmolaw »

KurtHuhn wrote:You guys luck out. I have dreams about post-apocalyptic dystopia complete with sub-rosa evils and enemies.
And you think that's worse than ruining a wonderful looking pipe? Come on!
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Tyler wrote:
You're right - maybe I should start drinking. I've heard you don't dream when you're passed out. :lol:

I think it has to do with the movies I watch and books I read - which are almost entirely post-apocalypse stories. On the up side, I get to fulfill my superhero fantasies while I sleep, and I get to use some pretty cool technology too. :mrgreen:
Kurt Huhn
artisan@k-huhn.com
wmolaw

Post by wmolaw »

KurtHuhn wrote:
Tyler wrote:
You're right - maybe I should start drinking. I've heard you don't dream when you're passed out. :lol:

I think it has to do with the movies I watch and books I read - which are almost entirely post-apocalypse stories. On the up side, I get to fulfill my superhero fantasies while I sleep, and I get to use some pretty cool technology too. :mrgreen:
They have cool technology in post apocalyptic stories?
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

wmolaw wrote:They have cool technology in post apocalyptic stories?
Mostly having to do with force on force application....
Kurt Huhn
artisan@k-huhn.com
andrew

Post by andrew »

KurtHuhn wrote:
Have you read World War Z? It pretty much goes hand I hand with The Zombie Survival Guide which is somewhat similar to Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy... only a tad um... darker.
d.huber

Post by d.huber »

andrew wrote:
KurtHuhn wrote:
Have you read World War Z? It pretty much goes hand I hand with The Zombie Survival Guide which is somewhat similar to Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy... only a tad um... darker.
I'll second this recommendation. I had my doubts but this is probably one of the best books that I've read. Period.

It's nice that authors are working to prepare us all for the inevitable zombie apocalypse.

-Tyler Beard
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

UberHuberMan wrote:
andrew wrote:
I'll second this recommendation. I had my doubts but this is probably one of the best books that I've read. Period.

It's nice that authors are working to prepare us all for the inevitable zombie apocalypse.

I actually have not read it yet. It just got bumped up on my reading list. Thanks!

A recent read was What Zombies Fear, an interesting take on zombies. It was entertaining, and there were parts were I couldn't put it down. The tradeoff is that there were parts I had to muddle through. Not bad for free on Kindle though.

After that was the Book of Deacon trilogy. A really, really good collection of books. It's post apocalypse(ish) , but set in the middle ages with magic and all the trappings of fantasy. I loved it, and consumed the entire trilogy in two weeks on my Nook. First book was free, and the other two were $3 I think.
Kurt Huhn
artisan@k-huhn.com