Bulldog/Dublin thingy

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Ocelot55

Bulldog/Dublin thingy

Post by Ocelot55 »

Gentlemen, allow me to present my latest monstrosity:

As usual, comments and criticism welcome. I'm not quite sure if I like this one. I meant to do a more danish bulldog for the PITH, but it wound up looking more like a Dublin. This one had some medium sized pits and very uninteresting grain, so we blasted it. Let me know what you think.
d.huber

Re: Bulldog/Dublin thingy

Post by d.huber »

All of your lines look great! Very nice flow.

The only thing that really throws me is that the shape of the bowl seems inconsistent from front to back. It looks like it wants to be a dublin on the front, but a rhodesian on the back.

Major props for getting those lines clean! I'm about to tackle the shaping on my PITH pipe and those hard lines seem seriously challenging!
http://www.dshpipes.com

"Strive for excellence, not for what someone else accepts."
-Tyler Beard
Ocelot55

Re: Bulldog/Dublin thingy

Post by Ocelot55 »

UberHuberMan wrote:The only thing that really throws me is that the shape of the bowl seems inconsistent from front to back. It looks like it wants to be a dublin on the front, but a rhodesian on the back.
It is inconsistent, and on purpose too! I thought it would look cool, the profile matches my sketch almost exactly, but I realized somewhere along the way that I should have made the lines the same for front and back. I had on of those conceptions that seem good, but in reality they're just "blah." I'll do better next time.