Second Pipe

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
renholder

Second Pipe

Post by renholder »

This is now my second pipe I've made, this time I drilled all of the wholes myself. The shank whole was a little off center entering the chamber, but I'll hopefully learn from my mistake. I don't really know what shape pipe this is, maybe a blowfish? but I used the nautilus shell as inspiration for the bowl and the tentacles being the shank.

I would love to hear your criticisms because I would really like to improve my pipe making skills for the future.

http://imgur.com/a/RxEx5

Thank you, and I apologize for the poor picture quality once again.
jogilli
Site Supporter

Re: Second Pipe

Post by jogilli »

all in all it's a nice second pipe... I'd sand it some more to remove some of the scratches.. but if it is for you I'd leave it since it'll get ding'd up anyhow..

If your careful with you higher grit sandpaper you can sand down the lip that shows where the tenon ends.. just the smaller things

overall... it looks good

james
renholder

Post by renholder »

jogilli wrote:all in all it's a nice second pipe... I'd sand it some more to remove some of the scratches.. but if it is for you I'd leave it since it'll get ding'd up anyhow..

If your careful with you higher grit sandpaper you can sand down the lip that shows where the tenon ends.. just the smaller things

overall... it looks good

james
Thanks for the feed back! I'm going to work on sanding the stem tonight. The pipe was actually scratch free, and then while buffing the pipe got flung across the garage :( I'll probably finish sanding it sometime this week...
Ocelot55

Post by Ocelot55 »

Very nice for a second pipe. It's fun and playful. It is great but I think it needs a little refinement. Don't be afraid to take off more material.

Great work. Keep em' comin.