Friday night video chat

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
Tyler
Site Supporter

Friday night video chat

Post by Tyler »

It's Friday night, and the family is in bed...swing on over to Google+ and lets talk pipes.

You won't be able to see the "hang out" unless you are already in one of my circles. If you think you might not be, email me and I'll add you.

Tyler
Growley

Re: Friday night video chat

Post by Growley »

I would love to join, but I think I hit my quota for pipe talk for today. If my wife starts knitting or something I'll join, otherwise, it's hanging out with the wife for me :D

Don't share too many awesome secrets without me :(
Nate

Post by Nate »

The chat was really great, if any of you missed out, you should really try to join next time.
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

Yep, what Nate said.

Last night was as close to a pipe show experience as I've had (without being at a pipe show).

Video chatted with the following good folks here (in order of appearance, as best I recall):

Nate (Nate King)
Wayne Teipen
NathanA (Nathan Armentrout)
Jim Van Hove
Munkey (Scott Anderson)
Growley (Brian Rowley)
Love Geiger
EMarkle (Ernie Markle)
James Gilliam (jogilli)

Those are the folks I recall. I hope I didn't leave anyone out. It was an international crowd with Love having his morning coffee in Sweden when he joined, and jogilli his in Germany when he joined. Love gave a brief tour of his shop, and most everyone was working on a pipe out in the shop while on the chat. Lots of great little tidbits were passed along and discussed.

Join us next time!

If you aren't part of Google+ it's fast and easy to join, then just let me know your registration name, and I'll add you to my PMF circle.

Tyler
RadDavis

Post by RadDavis »

Jim Van Hove?

Rad
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

I'm on G+, but I confess to ignorance with hangouts. Does it send some sort of announcement or notification?
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
jogilli
Site Supporter

Post by jogilli »

Kurt.. negs.. once you go to the page.. it just shows thats a current hangout is in session by the session button on the right hand side.. you just click to join the session in session..

Tyler.. are you going to do it around the same time... let me know.. as I'll just getup earlier.. and the following week I'll just stay up later as I'll be in D.C. for a week

james
Nate

Post by Nate »

RadDavis wrote:Jim Van Hove?

Rad
Actually Jim Van Hooser ;)
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

Nate wrote:
RadDavis wrote:Jim Van Hove?

Rad
Actually Jim Van Hooser ;)

Aw crud, close enough. :oops:
Alden

Post by Alden »

Do I need to have a webcam set up ??
billiard

Post by billiard »

That's a great opportunity to meet and chat with folks I will probably never get to meet in person. My days start at 4:30 AM and by Friday night sleep deprivation has usually kicked in and I am asleep by 8:00 PM so I will try to get a nap after work next Friday and join.
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

Edward wrote:Do I need to have a webcam set up ??
Well, that's best, but it's not necessary. You can see and hear everyone without one, and presuming a mic on your computer we can hear you, but the full experience requires a webcam.
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

billiard wrote:That's a great opportunity to meet and chat with folks I will probably never get to meet in person. My days start at 4:30 AM and by Friday night sleep deprivation has usually kicked in and I am asleep by 8:00 PM so I will try to get a nap after work next Friday and join.
Hopefully we can do it again on Friday, but my own personal situation is such that I have no idea if I can do it every Friday or even this Friday. I just want to make it clear for folks that are rearranging things in their life to particate. Of course, anyone can start a hang out. I don't need to be the initiator. I just want to point out that there's also nothing magic about Friday. Last Friday I happened to be free so I started a chat. I wasn't trying to make that "the day." I'm not trying to not let it be "the day" either.

I'm a member of Christian Pipe Smokers forum, and there are guys from that forum on Google+ every night. It's sort of reminiscent of #pipes from those that remember the good ol low-tech days.

I guess I'm just saying, feel free to start a "hang out" anytime, post a thread, and maybe folks can join you. Maybe Friday becomes a standing--that would be great--but we can also do it any time and just let people know here.
e Markle

Post by e Markle »

If you want to join in or even see those hangouts on Google+ post your Google user name so we can add you. I'm just Ernie Markle.
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

e Markle wrote: I'm just Ernie Markle.
That's too bad.

Ah well, I'm just Tyler Beard, so it could be worse.
LAH

Post by LAH »

I'll have to look into this Google+. Sounds like alot of fun.

Abe
Nate

Post by Nate »

It is really great! I have smoked with a few guys off here and many on other forums. I would encourage anyone to give it a go. I am on [most] nights, I believe under Nathan King. Just do a search, I'm the guy in the cap blowing smoke :D
TreverT

Post by TreverT »

I have been tempted to try that, but you guys don't want to see me without my makeup on.
Happy Smoking,
Trever Talbert
www.talbertpipes.com

My Pipe Blog:
https://talbertpipes.com/category/pipeblog/

My Lizards & Pipes Web Comic:
https://talbertpipes.com/category/lizards/
Nate

Post by Nate »

TreverT wrote:I have been tempted to try that, but you guys don't want to see me without my makeup on.
That was makeup?! :shock:

:mrgreen: