Connected Holes in Briar

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
jogilli
Site Supporter

Connected Holes in Briar

Post by jogilli »

Good day all.. finished this one up today.. the shank rings are ebonite/horn/and then ebonite.. A derlin tenon was placed inside the shank.

The mouthpiece holds quite nice... Wayne.. great idea.. tks.. Now that I've done it once I can see where improvements can be made .. like rounding off the derlin and outside material.. creating a v-shape.. I think that would have looked nice.. anyhow..comments are welcome and enjoy your weekends

taharris

Re: Connected Holes in Briar

Post by taharris »

I think the pipe is beautiful and I love the detail work on the bottom and in the bowl / shank interface.

My only criticism is that the bowl should be drilled just a little deeper. When the draft hole intersects the bowl so low it leaves a little chamber where tobacco can fall and plug up when the pipe is being smoked. If you drill the bowl a little deeper (to the bottom of the draft hole) you avoid this annoying problem for you customers.

Todd