11-17

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Jos

11-17

Post by Jos »

Hi there,

here comes my latest effort:

14 cm / 5.5" long, weight 69 g / 2.4 oz., ebonite stem, 9mm filter, application of synthetic ivory.

Critique, please ...

Regards, Jens
taharris

Re: 11-17

Post by taharris »

Very nice!

The grain is good, the stem complements the piece and you have nice flowing curves throughout.

I would like to see a little bit more wood taken out of the stem, bowl interface, but that is just personal preference.

Nice job.

Todd
Growley

Post by Growley »

Looks nice, I agree that I would probably want more wood taken out as Todd mentioned.

Two questions, did you rusticate the bottom to cover up some bad grain or something or was that an artistic choice? Also, it looks like the grain on the bowl has some black coloring. Is that the stain soaking in deeper in those places or was the wood just darker there?

Nice work and great pictures.

Brian.
Jos

Post by Jos »

Hi,

thanks for your comments!

Brian,

I rusticated the bottom due to 6 or 7 really bad, and deep flaws, starting right next to the application and ending under the bowl where the rustication ends... would've loved to keep it smooth, but no way.

Regards, Jens