No Swirl Dublin

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
jogilli
Site Supporter

No Swirl Dublin

Post by jogilli »

now that the forum is back ... here is what I was able to accomplish in august..... it was painful not to use swirl but I accomplished the feat.. maybe I'll use black on some more.. I don't get near as dizzy looking at as I do the others :)

Tks
James
Sasquatch

Re: No Swirl Dublin

Post by Sasquatch »

They make black now????

I like that pipe, like the shape and the grain. I think given the stem bend I'd like to see a bit more angle in the shank, but it isn't something that really catches my eye as being out of place.
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
jogilli
Site Supporter

Post by jogilli »

Sas

thanks.. actually I probably misnamed the pipe.. as its really black swirl with black as the main background medium :shock:

james
Nate

Post by Nate »

jogilli wrote:Sas

thanks.. actually I probably misnamed the pipe.. as its really black swirl with black as the main background medium :shock:

james
Oh man, black on black, I bet that is one expensive rod!!! :D
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

I'm going to use black/black cumberland next time I make a fully rusticated straight grain. It's only fitting.
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

That's a nice looking bent Dublin. Good use of the grain and nice finish. Well done.
Wayne Teipen
Teipen Handmade Briar Pipes
http://www.teipenpipes.com
billiard

Post by billiard »

I am not normally a fan of top views of dublins that have a larger than normal rim if that makes sense but I got to say that this:

Has a great deal of warmth to it that I really like. Very nice :)
e Markle

Post by e Markle »

That's a nice pipe; I think it's a substantial improvement from everything else I've seen from you.

I might have made the stem more of a saddle after that ring, but to be completely honest, that may have made it too thin in comparison to the weight of the bowl. Regardless, I would make the slope/curve going to the crest of the ring more concave.
jogilli
Site Supporter

Post by jogilli »

Thanks for your comments everybody... I enjoyed making it... as I do with all the pipes I've made

I'll be away from the forum for a while as I have a business trip and am not sure there will be internet available where I'm headed... I'm sure it will be available somewhere, but it will not be worth the effort to get to.

Enjoy and Tks again
james
jogilli
Site Supporter

Post by jogilli »

Nate wrote:
jogilli wrote:Sas

james
Oh man, black on black, I bet that is one expensive rod!!! :D

Yes.. I looked for months and couldn't find the black/black swirl, so I got to thinking... bought two black rods.. melted them down.. of course some evaporated in the stem and I ended up with about 3/4ths of one rod.. really I had to melt them down twice.. as I forgot to make the round casing the first time... I had a square casing.. but how can you make a mouthpiece that is ROUND from a square blank

I can make you one.. there not that expensive...now that I have my casing made.. I'll even make you a special deal as the first customer.. say $250 for 3/4ths of a meter... Top Quality .. and a special price for you my friend

james