06-11

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Nate

06-11

Post by Nate »

I was making this for the Chicago show, but goofed on some bits and found some things I really didn't want to pass as my work. So it will be gifted to a deserving friend. I am really jazzed about the shape, I think it is one I will revisit soon. Thoughts?

*edit* It was originally going to be a bent, but I thought it still looked good as a straight. I had considered something like an 1/8 bend on it, again, thoughts?

Sasquatch

Re: 06-11

Post by Sasquatch »

Well, I guess if by "pipe" you mean some kind of thing where presumably tobacco goes in one end and the other end goes in your mouth, then I suppose this is a "pipe". Whether anyone would want to put it in their mouth is rather a different question. Perhaps for now we'll settle on "pipe type object" rather than the term "pipe" proper.

The colors are ugly. White and purple. Nice.

It looks uncomfortable and it's a stupid size. The basic proportions would make three or four nice pipes, put together differently. On this it's just a hodge-podge of shapes and ideas. What were you thinking? Were you thinking? I mean, ordinarily a guy sort of has a goal, something in mind when he's carving, rather than just sort of bashing away to some random stopping point and saying "There."

The sandblast looks like a cross between a spiderweb and one of those poohs that sort of shows the shape of your colon.

Is that pre-carb in the chamber or did you just burn it with your dull tools (perhaps your wits are dull enough to burn the chamber alone...)?

Anyway, snap that fuckin' thing in half and go back and try again. Or don't.
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
Walle

Post by Walle »

Nate,

I agree with Sas: A gorgeous beauty that pipe is! :thumbsup:

See ya tonight ... :D

Cheerio!
Walle
Pipes That Make You Smile
www.blue-lobster-pipes.com
Boekweg

Post by Boekweg »

@Nate

Wow man, that is a very nice pipe! I wish i could make pipes like that. Why cant i look at a peace of briar and come up with a beautiful looking pipe like that? Your doing a great job imo. Keep up the great work! :thumbsup:
maxmil

Post by maxmil »

Nice pipe.
I've been without making pipe more than two months, I am now devoting my time to astrophotography:

http://pipasmasso.blogspot.com/search/l ... % C3% ADas

Regards.
Felix

Bonita pipa.
Yo llevo sin hacer pipas mas de dos meses, actualmente estoy dedicando mi tiempo a la astrofotografía:

http://pipasmasso.blogspot.com/search/l ... % C3% ADas

Saludos.
Félix
JMG

Post by JMG »

Nate, don't worry about Sas...he'll apologize once he's through PMS'ing...if he every finishes.

I'm with Roger...this pipe is a beaut. I really love the stem work and the sandblast looks excellent.
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets"

"When you're dumb...you've got to be tough." - my dad
LarryG

Post by LarryG »

Beautiful pipe Nate!
Nate

Post by Nate »

I think Sas is right, it is a total piece of crap. I'll let someone dispose of it. Maybe I should just stop making 'pipes'! :mrgreen:

To everyone, thanks for the compliments!!

Now I'm off to Chicago! Wo0t!!
mredmond
Site Supporter

06-11

Post by mredmond »

That's a good looking pipe, Nate. Have fun in Chicago!

Micah
DaGamba

Post by DaGamba »

Sweet! I love this pipe. And I think it looks good straight. I wouldn't bend it. But on the other hand, what do I know....
LAH

Post by LAH »

Very nice!! The cumberland stem matches perfectly and great blasting.

Abe
Alden

Post by Alden »

Nate, what does it take to be your friend ?
This pipe is one that really stands out to me, I cant crticize it in the least.
Just beautiful !
It screams balance and craftsmanship