New Pipe and New Pipe Sock

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
billiard

New Pipe and New Pipe Sock

Post by billiard »

I got a rod of that expensive cumberland in and I also picked up the little dremel blade for the button that Rad linked to the other day, so the next time I get free time I am gonna spend the day doing nothing but going real slow with that rod and see if I can get a stem or two out of it.

Today though I thought I deserved a little bit of play time after a 60 hour work week, so I tried a bunch of new stuff, made mistakes, learned lots, and in the end made something resembling a pipe:

But wait that's not all!

I know how you guys have some incredible pipe socks, boxes, baskets, etc that you deliver your new pipes to your customers with. Now I do respect and appreciate that, please don't take me wrong :)

I thought I would make myself a pipe sock for my new pipe so when my customer recieves it he too will experience the same happiness:

I put the pipe in the sock and gave it to my wife, in a couple days I will feel like smoking my new pipe and she will deliver it to me in its new sock!

Thanks,
Bill(iard)

PS, having no intentions of ever making pipes for sale I might as well have some fun with it ;)
PPS them little buttons on the camera make the pipe different colors and stuff... I dunno what the little buttons do so I just randomly push them...
hawky454

Re: New Pipe and New Pipe Sock

Post by hawky454 »

Very good. Love the pipe sock....HILARIOUS!!!! LOL. Thats a factory stem then? Nice basic pipe! Thats the look I'm going for with my next block.
Go hang a salami I'm a lasagna hog.
billiard

Post by billiard »

hawky454 wrote:Very good. Love the pipe sock....HILARIOUS!!!! LOL. Thats a factory stem then? Nice basic pipe! Thats the look I'm going for with my next block.
Thanks for the comment and glad to hear someone else shares my odd sense of humor. I can still see just shy of 1000 things wrong with my pipes, which is why I haven't asked for a critique yet, and figure I might as well just have some fun with them (e.g. the sock).

Yes, that's a pre-formed stem. I just put a tenon on it, took down to size, opened, and thinned it. It was sporting my own stem but when I was using my 12" sanding disc I made a very stupid rookie mistake and in the blink of an eye I sanded about 1 quarter of my button off (from the side).

I have it loaded with Wilderness to have after this bowl of HOTW I am DGT'ing from last night.

Cheers,
Bill
hawky454

Post by hawky454 »

It's all about enjoying yourself! I have yet to try wilderness. I've been wanting to for some time now.
Go hang a salami I'm a lasagna hog.