Lightweight?

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
adryazad

Lightweight?

Post by adryazad »

After a few weeks of hiatus due to waiting for supplies, I decided to start off with something simple...

The briar is from Mimmo, I got his 20 pack, and had to pay about 160usd worth of tax when it got to malaysia.. definitely burned a big hole in my pocket..

Please do critic...

Cheers,

Adry
wdteipen

Re: Lightweight?

Post by wdteipen »

Stem is way too long and the stain is a bit uneven and the heel is a tad bit pronounced. Other than that it's a fine looking pipe.
Wayne Teipen
Teipen Handmade Briar Pipes
http://www.teipenpipes.com
Dane C

Post by Dane C »

I like the curvature down the length of the stem and I like the gold coloring of the stain. Not sure is the chamber walls are too thin but I love the grain pattern and the styling around the edge of the bowl. I just like this style of pipe.
Abi Natur

Post by Abi Natur »

Hi Adry,
for a start,i do not find the Billiard shape to be so simple,than everybody would easily succeed in making a properly executed Billiard pipe in a niffy',and that is not the case here.When something seems simple in appearance it also gives more room for misshaping the fine lines and proportions characteristics to the specified pipe.

It is a fine looking Billiard with a beautiful gold finish,but the stem is still to long...

Best,
Abi
" Keep it simple until it gets complicated "

http://www.canaanpipes.com/
DaGamba

Post by DaGamba »

I agree with Abi on every word. Although I think that maybe Adryazad might have been ironic?

Lightweight? How much does it weigh?
adryazad

Post by adryazad »

It weights about 36grams.
To be honest, I suppose my mistake when making this was not choosing a shape to make to begin with. This truly was a pipe i made with my new tools which were the lathe and beall system i bought for myself over the new year. Yes, i do agree that the stem is a tad too long...

thanks for the critics ...

cheers,

Adry
tritrek

Post by tritrek »

For me, either the bowl is too small or the stem is too thick...
adryazad

Post by adryazad »

Thanks guys for all the feedback.. I'll definitely take your comments in my future endeavors...