Black Jack for Axel

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Walle

Black Jack for Axel

Post by Walle »

Comrades!

Axel Glasner is not only a very fine pipemaker, but also a dear friend of mine. He lives some 70 kilometers from my place in the Eifel mountains close to the Luxemburgian border. Yesterday he turned fortysomething, and I was invited to his party, of course. Due to the global warming I unfortunately couldn´t get there - the snow on the roads was just too hot. As a matter of fact we´re having the hottest snow over here this year I´ve ever seen. (I hardly can reach my workshop in the backyard. No joke.)

So it was impossible to give Axel the birthday present I made for him:

It is a "Black Jack", of course, even if it comes in a light olive colour in this case.
Did I already mention that everbody should have one of those?
I hope not, Axel has to wait for his one until Easter.

Cheerio!
Walle
Pipes That Make You Smile
www.blue-lobster-pipes.com
Sasquatch

Re: Black Jack for Axel

Post by Sasquatch »

Having the same problem here, Wallë - can't hardly get to the shop because the snow is so goddam hot this year. Piled up all over the place. Had to buy special tires for the truck too.

I'm gonna call you out on this one though - that's not a Blackjack proper. It has no sharp edges and no "swoop". That one is back to being a penis and balls with a smokehole, and isn't deserving of the Blackjack moniker. I think Steffen was right - you don't even copy yourself correctly!

This one is used to be a Blackjack but it had too much Gluhwein and too many Weisswurst (probably on buns with that hot sweet mustard). It is now a Burgermeister that remembers it's swashbuckling days fondly.
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
JMG

Post by JMG »

I really liked this pipe until Sas ruined it for me when he pointed out that the shank sort of looks like a penis, :lol:
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets"

"When you're dumb...you've got to be tough." - my dad
buster

Post by buster »

Very cool!
Abi Natur

Post by Abi Natur »

Comrade Walle,
It is indeed a beautiful present in this season of sharing our gratitude with friends and family .
It's a organic (unusual) Christmas pipe and i smell some Lebkuchen and Weinachtstee next to it while some hot snow melts the landscape Image

Regarding JMG pointing out some phallic symbolism in the shank, i will just add;the pipe as a quintessence of such is with the shank and bowl connected in harmony pure jin & jang ,what else... :D

Cheerio and happy holidays' Image
Abi
" Keep it simple until it gets complicated "

http://www.canaanpipes.com/
Walle

Post by Walle »

Comrade Abi!
Abi Natur wrote:

Regarding JMG pointing out some phallic symbolism in the shank, i will just add;the pipe as a quintessence of such is with the shank and bowl connected in harmony pure jin & jang ,what else... :D
Correct. But I must add that I´m a little concerned about comrade Sas´ "potency of imagination" ...
Abi Natur wrote: i smell some Lebkuchen and Weinachtstee next to it while some hot snow melts the landscape Image
Well, I´m eingeschneit today. Too bad, can´t reach my office ... :D :D :D

Cheerio!
Walle
Pipes That Make You Smile
www.blue-lobster-pipes.com
maxmil

Post by maxmil »

A unique style.
What wood do you use?
Greetings.
Felix