10-14

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
T3pipes

10-14

Post by T3pipes »

Leus

Re: 10-14

Post by Leus »

This is an interesting shape. What about using vulcanite all the way?
pennsyscot

Post by pennsyscot »

That's an interesting looking pipe. I'd be concerned about the close proximity of epoxy to the tobacco chamber. The epoxy may be effected by heat. The smoke must make a sharp bend, then it expands as it enters the large inside diameter of the shank. The smoke then must enter the small entrance of the bit. I wonder if all this turbulence will cause condensation. Is there a space for condensate to collect? Very nice and original pipe.
T3pipes

Post by T3pipes »

I only have acrylic rods. And, I was digging the chrome look.

The black tube going into the bowl is Delron (Delrin, Delren? ACETAL!), and is not epoxied to the bowl, just to the stem. The chamber is also tapered, so heat shouldn't be a factor. There is 1/4 inch Delron the length of the stem to the mouth piece, smoke never touches metal. May get some condensation, but no more than a normal configuration. Unless you slobber a lot.
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

You may be on to something here. The only criticism I can offer is that the stem could be longer and thinner, for folks like me who like to clench. I really like this pipe, in a "wow, that's unusual, you never see that" sort of way. Also in a "I wonder how it smokes" sort of way. Nice pipe, and excellent work.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
T3pipes

Post by T3pipes »

Thanks Kurt, and I agree. the bit is way too small. It isn't uncomfortable, but it is noticeable. I'm going to have to make the tubing about an inch shorter for a longer bit though. I used the last of my acetal on this one, so waiting for my order to get here so I can do some refining. I ordered 8 ft, hope it's enough :lol:

forgot a size reference picture.
stummel bum

Post by stummel bum »

It has a kind of "modern art" classy feel to it. I like the juxtaposition of the natural, organic wood (especially with the plateau top) against the clean lines of the chrome.
Cheers,
Rob
TimGeorge
Site Supporter

Post by TimGeorge »

Really cool. The bit and the little stopper looking thing at the bottom of the stem almost seem removable for cleaning. You might be able to patent some kind of new "system" pipe. :)
Regards,
Tim
Nick

Post by Nick »

You're wierd! But in a cool way. Very nice. it looks kinda like something that the guy from Bolas de fuego would do.
Walle

Post by Walle »

This one´s a ripper.
The shape deserves better briar, though.

Cheerio!
Walle
Pipes That Make You Smile
www.blue-lobster-pipes.com