A nice visit with a good man

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
SimeonTurner
Site Supporter

A nice visit with a good man

Post by SimeonTurner »

Hi all-

I had a great opportunity yesterday that I thought I should share with folks. I have been in Ohio all week at a work-based conference near Columbus. As many folks here know, Tim West, owner of JH Lowe, lives in the Columbus area. Knowing that I was going to be in the Columbus area, I decided to see if I might be able to stop by to meet Tim.

Having spoken with Tim many times on the phone to place orders for it pipes, and having purchased a pipe from him back in 2000, I was excited to see if he would be up for a visit. To my delight, he was.

I just wanted to mention this because I think Tim is a great example of the kind of people we have in the pipemaking community. My visit was so pleasant and enjoyable. We spent 2 hours in his workshop (which was exactly what I imagined it would look like), talked shop, looked at a bunch of my recent pipe work, and I got a chance to buy see briar from him by picking through his large supply and hand picking my blocks (lots of fun).

Though Tim does not really browse the forum, I thought I would extend a heartfelt thanks to him for welcoming me into his home and sharing his time. I am really grateful for the people of the pipe making community like Tim. This forum is full of folks like him who are willing to mentor and guide a new generation of pipe makers, and I just wanted to express my grattitude in general.

Keep up the great work, all! Thanks!
"It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good - and less trouble."

Turner Pipes Website:
http://www.turnerpipes.com

Of Briar and Ashes:
http://turnerpipes.wordpress.com
LexKY_Pipe

Post by LexKY_Pipe »

They don't come any better than Tim!
Craig

From the heart of the Blue Grass.
Lexington, KY

loscalzo.pipes@gmail.com