Ever heard of Bower's Self Cleaning Cobs?

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
alan

Ever heard of Bower's Self Cleaning Cobs?

Post by alan »

So a friend stumbled upon this, and passed it on to me. I've searched the innertubes for Bowers Hickory Corners Cobs but nothing came up. Any of you ever heard of them? There's no date on the box, but it does seem to be a few years old. I'd guess at least 20 years, but that could be way off.

It has a metal scraper inside the bowl that you turn with a spinning base

You twist this part to clean. Kalamazoo is where I live, but I've never heard of this company

Cariztian

Post by Cariztian »

Really cool idea ^^
Make your pipe
tritrek

Post by tritrek »

Never heard of 'em so maybe it was not such a great idea :) To me it look slike I should smoke a tool...eeek
ToddJohnson

Post by ToddJohnson »

tritrek wrote:Never heard of 'em so maybe it was not such a great idea :) To me it look slike I should smoke a tool...eeek
Sample Tobacco Reviews:

Yesterday I smoked Billy-Bob's Balkan blend in my self cleaning cob. It had some nice metallic high notes and a tinny finish. The tobacco burned to a pale but sparkly ash.

Today I smoked Captain Earl's Navy Flake, and was able to distinguish some elements of aluminum foil with underlying flavors of rust and iron. It burned to a pale grey ash but caused me to fall over and twitch for several minutes before I could stand up again.

My guess about that "patent" . . . still pending.

Todd :D
alan

Post by alan »

:lol:

Indeed. The thing is still in the box, and I have no intention of smoking from it.

I like the things I notice now that I wouldn't have paid any attention to before I started hacking away at briar blocks in my apartment's spare bedroom. Especially about the thing's stem. They shined it up but didn't smooth it down at all. Yay jagged rubber! :roll:

I think it will just be an oddity that sits in a drawer forever.