pipe 11 of 2008

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Ryan

pipe 11 of 2008

Post by Ryan »

Let me know what you honestly think.

http://cgi.ebay.com/RYAN-QUAGLIATA-CROS ... .m14.l1318

I sell most of my pipes through Coopersark
Charl

Post by Charl »

Nice shape, lovely grain. I would have left the the edges at the top of the bowl more sharper, but that is just my own personal preference. And the finish is very glossy. Shellac maybe?
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

no shellac, I sand to 800 grit before I trip, then I use a blue polish (approx 1500 grit).

When I carnuba I put 1 coat on very heavy, then lightly run the pipe throught a flame. Rebuff the pipe with a clean wheel.
Schubeck

Post by Schubeck »

That is a very nice pipe. What did you use to stamp your logo on the stem?
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Thx. I have Starfire Engraving lazer etch my pipes. He is really good and it doesent cost that much per pipe.
kkendall

Post by kkendall »

First of all, Coopersark has an evil camera. That thing sees things that you cant even see if you hold the pipe in your hands! And sometimes what you may see through the lens is an illusion.

The only thing that drew my attention is that it appears to be thicker at the stem/shank junction than on the shank closer to the bowl.
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

Nice horn with very nice grain. Congrats.
Källman

Post by Källman »

Very balanced composition. I would also have left the edges sharper for more definition. Also, i think a ring of some sort would have added alot to it. It could give more attention to the beautiful stummel.

I really like the stem tho. It wraps the whole body together in a nice curve. Well done!