Just wanted to say thanks.....

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
Spence Pipes

Just wanted to say thanks.....

Post by Spence Pipes »

I just wanted to take a minute and thank all of the folks in this forum. With out you, many new pipe maker's like myself would still be trying to figure out what a tenon is, LOL. I learned more in the first hour I was in the forum than I ever could on my own. Agian, thanks for all the hard work ya'll have done, and all the tip's and trick's yoou have shared.
Frank

Post by Frank »

I'm still trying to figure out who this Stummel guy is, and howcome everybody seems to have met him except me. :twisted:
Regards,
Frank.
------------------
Grouch Happens!
People usually get the gods they deserve - Terry Pratchett
Charl

Post by Charl »

Yep, a big round of applause and thanks to everybody on this forum!!
:notworthy:
Nick

Post by Nick »

Frank wrote:I'm still trying to figure out who this Stummel guy is, and howcome everybody seems to have met him except me. :twisted:
Yea, and you know, ever cigar I've ever smoked seems to have been made by Hecho A. Mano! The Hecho guy must be one busy cigar roller!
Dotter

Post by Dotter »

yap, great advices can be found here. now I remembered, in one article this was written about sanding process "sand with sanding paper grit 400-1000, you will need lots of elbow grease"... back then, I didn't know about this forum so I asked on alt.smokers.pipes this question: "I managed to find sanding paper grits to 2000, but here in Croatia it is very dificult to find and buy ELBOW GREASE, could you please tell me where do I search It for and what exactly is it?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think that people was laughing on their back on the floor when they saw that question, but of course they explained imidiately what is EG... :lol:
Frank

Post by Frank »

Domba, at least you weren't one of those people who wrote to Bill Taylor of Ashton Pipes asking where they could buy nose oil to restore the shine to their pipes. :lol:
Regards,
Frank.
------------------
Grouch Happens!
People usually get the gods they deserve - Terry Pratchett
Nick

Post by Nick »

Nose oil! I love that story!