Pipe Number FIVE

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
PapaDuke

Pipe Number FIVE

Post by PapaDuke »

Finished up pipe number five for a fellow Basset Hound owner who's giving it to her husband for his birthday. I'm only about 2 months early on finshing it?

It's just a basic apple. But that's what she wanted. Something to match the one he's always smoking? Plus being sold before I built it and only having one block of wood to work with I lost all nerve to try anything extra to it?

Loved the grain on this one. And it's the first block that was 100% flawless.

What do you call this kind of grain?
Is it "Birdseye" or what? ? ?
bvartist

Post by bvartist »

Yep, thats birdseye, kind of sparse birdseye due to the way the briar block was cut and because the ebauchons usually aren't cut from top quality briar.
stache

Post by stache »

Nice pipe! How did you put the picture onto the this site? I wanted to post a couple of mine.
PapaDuke

Post by PapaDuke »

Yeah I noticed that the "Kits" I'm getting is really crap on the grain side?
I've got to try Primos and see how that looks or just buy Plateaux then cut off all the top part for regular pipes?
Anyone have any dealings with Primos predrilled briar?

Thanks Stache.
To post a picture here or most any forum, it has to first be on the internet.

I have an instruction page on my Basset Hound website for the members of my Basset Hound Forum that should help you through every step to posting pictures. It has pictures to help you along, and it's worked great for my group.

If you don't have a website
Then the 1st thing you'll have to do is find a good FREE online Photo Album or Website Service to place your pictures on the internet.

In the instructions on the webpage I showed Dogster but there's been a couple of problems with them?

XP Photo Album is easy to sign up for and very easy to use. Here's their address: http://www.xpphotoalbum.com

After you've uploaded your photos onto the Internet then..
just follow this Easy, Step-by-Step, Visual Guide to getting your Photos posted on any Message Board...

http://southernbassets.com/bassetupload.htm

Let me know if this helps?

Papa Duke