New Crosby Bus. Card and Bag design

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
ArtGuy

New Crosby Bus. Card and Bag design

Post by ArtGuy »

Hey guys check this out. One of my goals after the last chicago show was to come up with a total identity package for my pipes. I now have a new design for my business cards and am getting imprinted bags.....They should all be ready by Chicago this year.

Bag Logo (possible future stamp):

Will be printed in silver on one of these:

And here is my new business card design:

The same designer who did the remodel on my site did these up for me. If anyone is interested in his info please let me know.

What doyou think? I am pretty darned stoked about it all :thumb:
Last edited by ArtGuy on Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

Very classy John...just like your pipes! Very very nice stuff man.
-Bryan

"You should never fight, but if you have to fight...fight dirty. Kick 'em in the groin, throw a rock at 'em"

www.quinnpipes.com
bvartist

Post by bvartist »

Very cool designs John! 8)

Who makes the bags for you? (If you don't mind me asking!)
David
ArtGuy

Post by ArtGuy »

It is an Italian company. They are the same guys who make bags for a lot of the large company pipes like Stanwell, Castello and such. They will be in Chicago this year if you are going to make it. I don't have thier contact info at hand but email me and I can get it.
Heinz_D

Post by Heinz_D »

Great design! It would be interesting if you can manage to stamp your pipes with this logo! Already a stamp like this would be an eyecatcher...

Nice businesscard too...

Greeting form Germany,

Heinz
alexanderfrese

Post by alexanderfrese »

John,

you asked for it:

I like the bag logo/stamp. I am personally not into those handwriting style, but I love etudes of balancing things that have heavy contrasts. The Crosby and the USA are a fine example of that. Two elements that are (typo)graphically far from each other. Brought into relation, keeping the balance and still showing some vibrating vividness by their difference.

For the business card: Well executed, but a little much of everything in my opinion. This is a matter of taste on one hand, but the advantage of formal puritanism is some sort of focus. And please tell the guy to give the "@" some negative baseline-adjustment in the next edition. This is sort of a a bug in almost all computer typefaces (even the pricy high-end ones). To my eye, the baseline of the a within the "@" should align with the baseline of the letters of the line it stands within. Most typefaces have their "@" way up too high.
Alexander Frese
www.quarum.de
mahaffy

Post by mahaffy »

Hey, John,
I've gotta vote with Alex (who obviously knows what's what in layout and design). I infer that his "puritanism" may suggest the card is way too busy. Too many fonts make for a confusing layout --- and all impacting a little business card at once amplifies the confusion.
Nice point on the "@" sign, Alex. Maybe even dropped a bit below, at least in this case where it's so prominent, because the eye for some reason "sees" (or fools itself into seeing) curved-base letters as aligned when they drop a smidgen (a technical term) below adjacent characters.
ArtGuy

Post by ArtGuy »

LOL I have not had a critique that started out with "You asked for it" since grad school. Ahhhhh the memories :thumb:

But seriously,I see your point. Generally, I am a 'less is more' type of guy, however, that card really struck me (and I was under a deadline crunch). The designer I was working with suggested developing something more in line with the logo too.

I think the painter in me took over and said, "Wow look at all those layers!" I want it!!!! I am planning to have a new card design each Chicago show so I will keep a more minimalist idea in mind for the next issue.

I really appreciate the comments. What a great resource this place is for people knowlegable in so many different areas.
alexanderfrese

Post by alexanderfrese »

*** Mumble ***

It is just that I sometimes feel a codex of family-like very polite positive critics on this board. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy that spirit, too. In fact, this basic agreement is something I admire on intl. (mostly American) boards compared to German ones. I know, there is some more direct, open minded critique in between, too.
If I feel like I have to, I don't want to spoil that party by simply shooting a round of critics towards someone sitting some 1000s of miles away, who hardly knows me (and vice versa). There is always the chance of somebody terribly misunderstanding someone else. So I felt like I had to sort of introduce my statement. Did not know that was reserved for the younger.

But if it made you laugh…
:hug:
Alexander Frese
www.quarum.de
alexanderfrese

Post by alexanderfrese »

BTW – deadline crunch?
I must be treating my clients terribly wrong – they always bug me with the deadlines…
:think:
Alexander Frese
www.quarum.de