2 from me

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
billiard

2 from me

Post by billiard »

Since I am trying to post a little more often I thought I should post a couple recent pipes as well.

These were both commissions that the new owner is already happily smoking.

An Oom Paul:

and a custom design:

More pics of these and other pipes on my site if anyone wants to see them.

Still off in commission land for another pipe or two.

Thanks,
Bill
Nate

Re: 2 from me

Post by Nate »

Nice stuff Bill!
wisemanpipes

Post by wisemanpipes »

hey bill,
i was checking a video out posted by chris morgan. in the video he bought a mark balkovec pipe. on the stem there are what looks like to be 3 layers of thin acrylic sandwiched together, just like in your rusticated egg shape. he then says there some sort of acrylic resin that melds them together to make basically one piece instead of 3. if this makes any sense?? was wondering if you use this resin or whathaveyou and if so how the hell does it work. its grabbed by attention
-evan
billiard

Post by billiard »

Nate wrote:Nice stuff Bill!
Thanks Nate :)
wisemanpipes wrote:hey bill,
i was checking a video out posted by chris morgan. in the video he bought a mark balkovec pipe. on the stem there are what looks like to be 3 layers of thin acrylic sandwiched together, just like in your rusticated egg shape. he then says there some sort of acrylic resin that melds them together to make basically one piece instead of 3. if this makes any sense?? was wondering if you use this resin or whathaveyou and if so how the hell does it work. its grabbed by attention
-evan
Evan, It's a band. I had a bulldog commissioned a dozen pipes or so ago (before I had a metal lathe) and I bought a couple of these bands from PME http://www.pipemakers.org/ to use.

Still got a couple left I will use eventually too.