Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Charl

Post by Charl »

Things have been hectic here by me the last 2 months; but eventually I did manage to find a bit of time to scrape this one together.
As always, give me your harshest crit! Oh, and sorry for the bad top and botom pics.
the rev

Re: #1222

Post by the rev »

I am not qualified to critique anything, however... I do not usually like sitters, but this one I do like, which is something :)

rev
"but rev, isn't smoking a sin?"

well I suppose if one were to smoke to excess it would be a sin

"but what would be smoking to excess?"

Why smoking two pipes at once of course
Sokolik

Post by Sokolik »

Really like it... Nice pipe. Great work.
jogilli
Site Supporter

Post by jogilli »

carl

I like it.. but I love the different swirl mouthpiece material.. the only critique I see is that it isn't sitting flat and kind of tilts back.... a little more meat off the back of the bottom and it would...

congrats
james
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

I like the concept a lot. I agree with james, the bottom on a sitter has to be perfectly flat. I drag mine over the varying grits of sand paper on a perfectly flat surface. I use my drill press table but a piece of marble or glass would be better. On some sitter designs it's vital to making it sit. The other thing I see is that the stem looks like it needs a bit more bend.
Wayne Teipen
Teipen Handmade Briar Pipes
http://www.teipenpipes.com
Charl

Post by Charl »

Thanks for the tips, guys.
This is my first :oops: real sitter, I'll remember to make the bottom perfectly flat next time!
When I did the bend in the stem, I thought that it looked as if it should be bent more. But when I put it in my mouth and looked at the reflection (my "little test"), it seemed OK. The chamber is drilled with a forward cant and when in the mouth, it seemed to me that the orientation cancels the need for a more severe bend.
Or am I wrong?
Leus

Post by Leus »

Even with that weird cumberland stem I really like it.