Googled Handmade Pipes

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
Gershom

Googled Handmade Pipes

Post by Gershom »

I was searching "handmade pipes" for some inspiration, and do you guys know what was the first result was for Google?

It was Kurt's site for his pipes!

Way to go Kurt! Maybe I will be on Google's radar one day...
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Re: Googled Handmade Pipes

Post by KurtHuhn »

And all it took was one goat, two chickens, and a chant of questionable subject matter. It seems to have worked, but now there's an interdimensional portal occupying my cesspool. Good news is, I'll never have to have it pumped again. Bad news, Gordon Freeman comes over for tea a couple times per month - from the other side of the portal....
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
Growley

Post by Growley »

Seeing how I work in the realm of cyberspace, Search Engine Optimization and advertising all day long, I've learned a few things about Mr. Google and can't resist chiming in. For you and I who know who Kurt is and have probably been on his page before, Mr. Google picks up on our habits and starts showing us the content we're most likely looking for.

A plumber for example, typing in the same search might come up with some great hand made plumbers grade steel pipes for plumbing. A street racer might find a cool new set of pipes for his car with the same search.

So to really find out how awesome Kurt's search results are, you need to test it further, for example by having your wife on a completely different computer that you don't use, or your friend in Canada who has probably never done a search for briar pipes, do the same search and see what their results are. (Which is what I did...scroll down for results)

To take it further...if you do some searches for Mustangs for example to see what the new model looks like, don't be surprised when you start seeing Ford ads show up trying to sell you one.

We're all being followed man! They're watching us...whoever "they" are. :shock:

Ok, so like I said, I did those tests to see just how awesome Kurt is to the standard non pipe carving, non pipe smoking person, and it appears that Kurt is KING of results! He is first in both cases. That was a really long way of saying "Congratulations", but to quote Treebeard, "I never say anything unless it's worth taking a long time to say..."

Note to Kurt: Seeing that you have such awesome search results, be careful not to drastically change your content of the site, or you'll break the indexing you've established with Google and you'll lose your awesome ranking. I saw it happen to my neighbor overnight who though going to flash was a good idea.
caskwith

Post by caskwith »

First result on google UK was Invicta, Kurt was second, then some other site and number 4 was me, haha.