Sandblasted Bamboo Cutty

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
wdteipen

Sandblasted Bamboo Cutty

Post by wdteipen »

Finished this one today. I wasn't going to post this one because it's not my best work. I ended up selling this one as a second for cheap to a friend. It should smoke just fine but there are some aesthetic mistakes. The stem isn't perfect but it's the second one and I decided to cut my losses instead of making a third.

Overall Length: 7"
Bowl Height: 2.05"
Chamber Diameter: 0.76"
Chamber Depth: 1.36"
Weight: 0.9 oz / 26g

The stamping was quite difficult and the "Handmade" portion didn't stamp completely because my stamp area curved into the bowl.
Wayne Teipen
Teipen Handmade Briar Pipes
http://www.teipenpipes.com
JMG

Re: Sandblasted Bamboo Cutty

Post by JMG »

Nice Wayne. The only thing that doesn't agree with me really is how wide the bit is. Overall, the pipe itself is pretty slender and I think the wide stem just seems off-balance. Then again, you've seen my pipes so take that with a grain of salt (I know how sensitive you are.)
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets"

"When you're dumb...you've got to be tough." - my dad
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

I usually paint the nipple pink on pipes like that.

Agree that the bit work is not on par with the rest of the pipe - it just doesn't go that well.
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

You know me. I like my pipes to double as emergency boat oars just in case you find yourself up the creek without a paddle. :lol:
Wayne Teipen
Teipen Handmade Briar Pipes
http://www.teipenpipes.com