Dublin & LOABN - Blowcorn

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
jogilli
Site Supporter

Dublin & LOABN - Blowcorn

Post by jogilli »

Happy Veterans Day to all those that do and have served.

The weather here is overcast, but the sun finally came out long enough for me to snap some pictures of 2 I finished in October...real work related travel preempted earlier posting.

oh yea.. LOABN is for lack of a better name this was a really a challenge pipe.. small piece of briar left over from another pipe.

Enjoy
james
Growley

Re: Dublin & LOABN - Blowcorn

Post by Growley »

Very pretty James. Very nice work. I really like the first one a lot. Nice shape.
Leus

Post by Leus »

Beautiful pipes. The stem seems to have an angle (perhaps is just the picture.) Great work!
e Markle

Post by e Markle »

I like that first one quite a bit, but I think the second just has too much going on.
jogilli
Site Supporter

Post by jogilli »

Thanks fellows..

Ernie.. I agree with you.. but funny thing is the "blowcorn" sold in about an hour.. I'll probably be sitting on the dublin for a while

funny what people like... as I mentioned above the blowcorn was really a challenge.. making a pipe out of a small piece of briar... it worked.. and it sold.. I think the most humorous aspect of it is the difference of opinion between the European Blogs and this one... as the reception of the two has really been reversed..

anyhow.. tks and enjoy your weekend

james