Kinda cool...

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
billiard

Kinda cool...

Post by billiard »

This pipe shouldn't be posted right after Bruce and Walle post masterpieces but nonetheless here ya go:

While obviously there are things I am not happy with I still thought it was a pretty cool looking pipe anyhow.

Before going to bed last night I posted it on my website on my "In Progress" page as it is awaiting my stamp yet (as well as posting the last smooth pipe I made), and I woke up to find that they both sold already. I am pretty happy about that as selling a pipe publicly is a pretty scary thing! :)

If anyone would be so inclined to take a look at the rest of the pics please click here: http://billboylepipes.weebly.com/2.html
Sasquatch

Re: Kinda cool...

Post by Sasquatch »

Bill, that looks distinctly like a pipe to me. Not all masterpieces have to be bright green either. Anyway, I reckon that's the best proportioned pipe you've done so far.
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
billiard

Post by billiard »

Thanks much Sas.
Sorringowl

Post by Sorringowl »

I second the Sasser, Bill (except the green part--everyone knows that a green pipe is, in fact, an instant masterpiece--sorry, Yeti). Pipes are like women, man (are you ready for this?): Not all women have to be "the one." Some are just good smokers! :lol: (sigh, I cracks myself up...Is it Sunday?--ooh...probably going to Hell for that one...[and others]...:yield: ).

I do agree with Sassmatazz on the proportions. This is a nicely balanced pipe and I really like the graduated rustication from stem to bowl.
I also checked out your website. Nice stuff. You've amassed a nice collection of your work there (it'd be nice to see pics you can enlarge in your previous work--looks like nice work).

This one looks like a good smoker. Nice work.
“When one man, for whatever reason, has the opportunity to lead an extraordinary life, he has no right to keep it to himself”
― Jacques-Yves Cousteau

Sorringowl's leather pipe accessories shop: http://www.sorringowlandsons.etsy.com
billiard

Post by billiard »

Thanks much for the comments on this pipe Sorringowl.

If time ever allows it; I will fix up my website some, and add some more pics and such to it. Thanks for the feedback on it.

Cheers,
Bill