smooth pipe

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
billiard

smooth pipe

Post by billiard »

Ok, well, I am really sleep deprived right now and can't wait to get off work and have a real good sleep but with no time for pipe making I stayed up late and made this last night.

Though obviously there is still plenty of work to do, and I still just be learning, I honestly think it is a better pipe than the pics imply. By all rights I should have rusticated it but since my last couple pipes were rustic I said heck with it and tried to hide a few briar pricks with darker stain. I tried 2 different cameras and still cannot take a dang picture. Anyhow, enough blabber:

Pipe is 5 & 5/8" long and 1 & 5/8" tall

Bowl is 1 & 3/8" deep and drilled 3/4" wide with a chamfer on the top

Airway is 5/32" in stummel and stem

Stem is a tweaked Lucite pre-formed with a with a Delrin tenon.

Fiebings and Carnauba

Don't have a scale to measure it with but weight-wise I think its ok.

Thanks for looking,
Bill
taharris

Re: smooth pipe

Post by taharris »

I think you did a nice job on the pipe.
(And the pictures aren't too bad either. :D )

Todd
billiard

Post by billiard »

Thanks much Todd :)
andrew

Post by andrew »

I can't believe you took the time to measure it after the sleep deprivation. I like the contrast in the finish.
maxmil

Post by maxmil »

A very well made pipe
Best regards.
Félix

Una pipa muy bien hecha.
Saludos.
Félix
billiard

Post by billiard »

andrew wrote:I can't believe you took the time to measure it after the sleep deprivation. I like the contrast in the finish.
Well I had to suffer through my work day today so I measured it during my morning break ;) Thanks very much re the comment on the contrast, I like rusticated pipes but after a few in a row I really wanted to make the grain stand out on this one. Not the best job of it obviously but it certainly has grain :)

Tell ya what, I am gonna get some serious sleep when the kids go to bed in a bit!
maxmil wrote:A very well made pipe
Best regards.
Félix

Una pipa muy bien hecha.
Saludos.
Félix
Gracias Maxmil. La familia de mi esposa es de Guadalajara, México y me gusta leer sus mensajes en idiomas dos.

Thanks Maxmil. My wife's family is from Guadalajara, Mexico and I enjoy reading your posts in both languages.