Number 3

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
JeremyV

Number 3

Post by JeremyV »

I still haven't set up my lathe yet and there is a reason for that. It has to do with with some silly thing I agreed to with my wife and I don't want to talk about it, so don't ask. But anyway, the urge hit me last night and I put down the knife I was working on and ended up with this. Wierd.

When I came in the house, my nephew and his buddy where sitting in my kitchen drinking some kinda dirty water and made me partake. As we continued to drink said dirty water (so no one else would have to), we examined this pipe and discussed all of the things we hated about it. Before the night was over, we realized this pipe had already been smoked.

Since no one else on this forum has anything better to do, I figured I go ahead and offer up a game of "Where's Waldo?" There are about 400 flaws in this pipe. For your critique, gentlemen (and everyone else too).

bregolad

Re: Number 3

Post by bregolad »

Is that a P-lip-esque stem? If that was on purpose, it looks like it worked our well
J&J Pipes
jnjpipes.com
JeremyV

Post by JeremyV »

I'm new at this, so I have no idea what "P-lip-esque" means. But thanks!

The stem is a petersen that I picked up from Pipe Maker's Emporium. I hope to give a go at making my own stem in the next week or so.
bregolad

Post by bregolad »

oh ok, mystery solved.

P-lip is the name that Peterson gives its stem style, thats why I ask.
Savenelli has a similar stem treatmeant.
J&J Pipes
jnjpipes.com
bornagainbriar

Post by bornagainbriar »

My kind of man.
Pipe smoker... Pepsi drinker.

Get that thing done for the wife yet? :wink:
"A pipe is a good thing for all men. For wise men, it gives them time to think and ponder. For a fool, it gives him something to shove in his mouth." - Unknown...
Boekweg

Post by Boekweg »

Nicely done there.

Keep up the good work.