Ups and downs

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
e Markle

Re: Ups and downs

Post by e Markle »

mredmond wrote:Sas, I'm going to threadjack you a little bit, but this thread has prompted a question that keeps nagging me.

Thanks to my innocuous, joking contribution to this thread, I received notice via PM that I'm now a member of the "moron's club". Inclusion in exclusive clubs is always exciting, and for those not in the club, please don't take this as gloating. My initial thought was to keep the notice private, but after a day of thinking about it, my amazement over the declaration has prompted this post. The notice of my acceptance included direction to "bite me" from the sender. Now, all excitement aside, I've always been a little uncomfortable with the idea of consuming human flesh. So my question is, for other members of the "moron's club", was cannibalism a requirement for your membership, and if so are the benefits of the club worth the possible soul-damning moral turpitude?

Thanks,

Micah

Welcome to the club Micah! I too am a member of the moron club, but interestingly enough, there was no intimation of cannibalism. Instead I think it was a reference to "kissing off". Perhaps you're a higher level than I?
Mike Messer

Post by Mike Messer »

e Markle wrote:......
Welcome to the club Micah! I too am a member of the moron club, but interestingly enough, there was no intimation of cannibalism. Instead I think it was a reference to "kissing off". Perhaps you're a higher level than I?
"kiss off" "piss off" "ship off" all refer to exclusion from the club in my country, but I was only half-serious, Ernie. No Problem, here..
I know some of you guys think I'm fair game because of some of my ideas. I just wish you all would use my name, my full name (Mike Messer) when you take shots at me. I could use the PR (seriously).

P.S. I PM'd you all, because Kurt has a moderation flag on my username and my posts are slow appearing, and sometimes are rejected and never appear.
Mike Messer

Post by Mike Messer »

Jez, I got so busy with all the bullshit, I forgot to comment on Sas's pipes. Damn.
Maybe a little late, but I think this big-ugly idea of yours may be working. Forgive me for the lack of fine point critique, but 8) "Really Cool Pipes" 8) (seriously). :lol:
mredmond
Site Supporter

Ups and downs

Post by mredmond »

Kurt, thanks for the reassurance. I suspected briar might make a decent smoked meat. That embarrassing collection of scraps might need to be introduced to some ribs. I've got a pal that makes killer ribs. Pipe themed BBQ sounds like a winner.

Ernie, am I to understand that you think I'm a bigger moron than you? Like I'm a black belt moron to your brown belt moron? It's cool, I'm just trying to learn the ropes of the club.
Mike Messer

Post by Mike Messer »

.............THE MORON CLUB (PRICE OF ADMISSION, YOUR SOUL)............
mredmond wrote:...Ernie, am I to understand that you think I'm a bigger moron than you? Like I'm a black belt moron to your brown belt moron? It's cool, I'm just trying to learn the ropes of the club.
Sorry, but you must admit, I created the Moron Club, and as the Grand Master of the Moron Club, 8) His Coolness 8) I, and I alone issue rankings. All of you are initially ranked as white belts. :notworthy: To rise in rank you must make many, artfully crafted, insulting remarks about someone else on the forum. Slander, lies, totally warped analogies, prrofane references, etc. are permissible, and neither of you have demonstrated this kind of proficiency. :whisper: I'm being generous to admit either of you, but I am a generous soul. So, lets not bicker over who is higher in rank, but rather work to improve our proficiency, and always remember, our mottos, :twisted: ... "Degrade others to advance ourselves, or just for the hell of it." :twisted: "Kill it before it kills you." :twisted: "Kill it before it multiplies." :twisted: "If it multiplies, kill it and its offspring." :twisted:
I hope these words will inspire you, and warm you soul (to about the temperature of burning briar wood in a pipe bowl, 615 degrees C., give or take a few degrees. ....Who really gives a damn what the temp is? Just warm up your damned soul, okay? Jez!).

Any Questions? I don't allow questions, you fool. Sit down and meditate. The answer will come to you. It's a miracle. There are no miracles. :D
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Ernie for sure is a Black Belt Moron, so don't fuck with him, Micah.

Todd Harris - in response to your question: Yes. I think more defining and elongating on the shanks probably IS in order for at least two of these pipes. The big bent could use a little more meat out of the shank and the acorn/horn/thing is just ugly in a Castello-ish sort of way. This happened because I changed the direction of the pipe about half-way through and ... well, I shouldn't have. Once again I'm left with a not-particularly-defined freehand of no particular shape or grace. This pipe, as you will hear 1000 times on this forum, looks better in my hand than it does in the pictures.

Except pictures don't lie, so there you go.
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
e Markle

Post by e Markle »

Sasquatch wrote:Ernie for sure is a Black Belt Moron, so don't fuck with him, Micah.
lol

I'm a 3rd degree Black Belt in Stupidity too, so... ch-check yourself before you wreck yourself.
mredmond
Site Supporter

Ups and downs

Post by mredmond »

Duly noted. You're the man, Ernie!
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Geez Ernie, we get it man. You're stupid. You're very stupid, okay? You win dude.

:lol: :lol:
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
RadDavis

Post by RadDavis »

Sasquatch wrote:Geez Ernie, we get it man. You're stupid. You're very stupid, okay? You win dude.

:lol: :lol:
Congratulations, Ernie!

Hope this helps.

Rad
e Markle

Post by e Markle »

RadDavis wrote:
Congratulations, Ernie!

Hope this helps.

Rad
And Rad is an 8th degree in Helpfulness.

That *was* helpful by the way. mmm... so helpful.