Greetings

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
Barrington

Greetings

Post by Barrington »

I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I'm from IL, USA. I was given a corn cob pipe from a friend about one year ago. I fell in love with pipes from that day. From the first day I smoked a pipe, I knew I wanted to make my own. I've not been much of a craft orientated person. I finally bought some tools last week to start making pipes. I've been doing a lot of research on this forum. I must say, It is quite nice to have so much knowledge right at my finger tips.

I've made three pipes so far (and ruined about four blocks :D ). I have a miter saw, drill press, pipe tool accessories from Pimo, Pimo guide, some hand tools (rasps, etc), and lots of elbow grease! I also bought a mini lathe from harbor freight. I don't have a chuck for it yet, so I have not even touched it. It was a cheap lathe, so hopefully I will not be too disappointed.

I'm quite impressed with the pipes produced by the members of this forum. I'm in this for the long haul, as my goal is to turn this hobby into a small business. Being said, I'm very far from the skill required to produce such a product, and any criticism of my craftsmanship, tips, and tricks are more than welcome. I don't understand a lot of tool terminology used on this forum. My apoligies in advance for my ignorance :) .

Semper Fidelis,
K Barrington
LexKY_Pipe

Re: Greetings

Post by LexKY_Pipe »

Welcome to the forum. You've come to the right place. The guys here are so helpful. Join in the fun!
Craig

From the heart of the Blue Grass.
Lexington, KY

loscalzo.pipes@gmail.com
TimGeorge
Site Supporter

Re: Greetings

Post by TimGeorge »

Welcome, and good luck. You will be astounded at the improvement that comes with time, and access to this website.
Regards,
Tim