Need help with secondary pipe stamp/logo design

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
loosvelt

Need help with secondary pipe stamp/logo design

Post by loosvelt »

I am a little while off from stamping the pipes I make, but I can't help thinking ahead and I need a little advice. My stamp on the bottom of the shank will say "Loosvelt USA" with USA underneath kind in a oval. But I was thinking of also adding a logo stamp. For example, I have seen many stars, a sailboat..etc. Anyway I was thinking of doing a shield with a line through it. I have not seen one like that, and also with me being in federal law enforcement I feel connected to the symbol. I created an example as my Avatar. What do you guys think? Is anybody else using a shield design? Thanks

-Nate
“He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”- Nietzsche

Green Eyes, Black Rifles, and Briar Pipes....
LexKY_Pipe

Re: Need help with secondary pipe stamp/logo design

Post by LexKY_Pipe »

Have you thought about laser etching instead of stamping. Brandon Brooks found that the local Woodcrafter store has a laser that etches the logo. 5$ per etching. It looks great. Search the forum.
Craig

From the heart of the Blue Grass.
Lexington, KY

loscalzo.pipes@gmail.com
loosvelt

Post by loosvelt »

laser huh, I will have to look into it.

Why we are on the subject what/how do these guys (meaning you fellas) fill an engraving on the stem so it is white, red etc?
“He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”- Nietzsche

Green Eyes, Black Rifles, and Briar Pipes....
SimeonTurner
Site Supporter

Post by SimeonTurner »

You can use a variety of different materials. I know some people use fancy inlay material (like tru-stone), some use acrylic paint...you could probably even use white out or nail polish. Best bet is to experiment with different options and see what you like.

I've played around with acrylic paint a bit and like the way it works, and from what i can tell it's durable enough. :)
"It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good - and less trouble."

Turner Pipes Website:
http://www.turnerpipes.com

Of Briar and Ashes:
http://turnerpipes.wordpress.com