Pipe senatorov # 54

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Senatorov

Pipe senatorov # 54

Post by Senatorov »

Hello. Today has finished here such pipe, I wish to hear your comments. Other photos on my site http://www.senatorov.lv/dmeng.html

Pipe Senatorov
www.senatorov.lv
Frank

Post by Frank »

This is one of those unique designs that people will either love or totally dislike. My one man jury is still out on that score, but it does show the grain beautifully.
Regards,
Frank.
------------------
Grouch Happens!
People usually get the gods they deserve - Terry Pratchett
Charl

Post by Charl »

Yip, I agree with Frank. And I think I love it! Cool!
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

As do I. From an artistic standpoint I think it is interesting. As for a pipe, I'm more of a utilitarian and so it's not my cup of tea. The craftsmanship is very good as usual, however.
Tsunami

Post by Tsunami »

Craftsmanship is fantastic as usual but I must be honest and say I do NOT like the design. It is almost like it was created from the leftover trimmings from a briar block. The shank appears to be very uneven as it heads back to the stubby stem. This would fall into an art piece catagory in my opinion(everyone's got one). Ultra modern design has never been my favorite.
pennsyscot

Post by pennsyscot »

Visually stunning. It is a very attractive pipe that would make an excellent display piece, but maybe not such a good smoker. I think you make great pipes. One thing that amazes me about your work is how you turn out flawless smooths one after another. You must have an excellent supply of high quality briar or a remarkable talent for working around sandpits. I would appreciate any advice you may have for dealing with flaws. thanks, Scot
Frank

Post by Frank »

Tsunami wrote:The shank appears to be very uneven as it heads back to the stubby stem.
I don't see this flaw at all. Perhaps you could more clearly describe where you see this uneveness.
Regards,
Frank.
------------------
Grouch Happens!
People usually get the gods they deserve - Terry Pratchett
android

Post by android »

i'll echo some of the previous comments in that i think it's a beautiful work of art but not a pipe i would smoke from. the wood is striking and design is very unique and i'm sure you will find a happy buyer for it.
Tsunami

Post by Tsunami »

Frank wrote:
Tsunami wrote:The shank appears to be very uneven as it heads back to the stubby stem.
I don't see this flaw at all. Perhaps you could more clearly describe where you see this uneveness.
By uneven I mean that from the bowl it narrows quite a bit then fattens again before the bottom of the arch. In the photo it looks odd to me as my eye is consistantly drawn to it. But as I stated everyone's got an opinion and I am not a big fan of this type of design. Now with that being said I am a HUGE fan of the craftsmanship that is constantly and consistantly displayed by Senatorov.
smokepiper

Post by smokepiper »

The shape needs some time for my mind to accept it, everything out of the ordinary is creative so i can´t say it´s wrong or out of order. But i really need time to take it in, good work very creative
Senatorov

Post by Senatorov »

Thanks all for comments, were very interesting to me your opinion, I will experiment further the form
Pipe Senatorov
www.senatorov.lv
alan

Post by alan »

Very pretty. Beautiful grain. Does seem like the pipe would get hot near the end of a smoke though. How thick are the walls?