Cheap Pipe Lighter

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
Frank

Cheap Pipe Lighter

Post by Frank »

I happened on these the other day: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10080
They list them as Cigar Lighters, I guess the pipe image on the side of the lighter, plus the built in tamper, must have fooled them. Anyhoo, at that price, plus 1 cent shipping from Hong Kong, I ordered 5 of them. Even if they only last a few months each, that's better than the POS $50 Colibri that only lasted a couple of months. They took about a week to arrive. The built in tamper is crap, but I prefer my pipe nail, anyway. For the rest, they work just fine, with a regular flame, not a torch flame.

We'll see how long they last.
Regards,
Frank.
------------------
Grouch Happens!
People usually get the gods they deserve - Terry Pratchett
android

Post by android »

Frank, i ordered a few of these, thanks for the heads up. they just got here and i think it's a pretty decent little lighter. made in china, but what ain't nowadays except our pipes! and i don't know if yours are the exact same or not, but the ones i got appear to be refillable. for the price, they're certainly worth it! thanks again.
pierredekat

Post by pierredekat »

Wow, that is a heck of a deal!

I've grown rather fond of $1.29 Bics for the simplicity of them. Plus, I can afford to have two or three floating around in my pickup truck, a couple on my desk, four or five laying around the living room, and so on.

But these are refillable and side-lighters to boot.

Gonna order me about 10 of them, I think.

Thanks, Frank.