Gota - this one's for me!

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
souljer

Post by souljer »

:lol: + :lol: + :lol: / :fencing: = :rockon:
www.TotemStar.com - Some of my pipe related art
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

Ben,

I remember this pipe from when you posted it on CPS. I would agree with Kurt's assessment. The asymetrical asymetry of this pipe leaves me feeling anxious and uneasy. That being said, from an artistic standpoint I like work that induces different and unexpected feelings and emotions. Artisticly speaking, I really like this pipe for the above stated reasons. I think it has a lot of merit as it is. The question is: would a pipe smoker buy and smoke a pipe that makes them uneasy and anxious, the antithesis to pipe smoking? I can't say for sure. While it may not appeal to the average joe who doesn't appreciate unconventional artistic expression, I think there are those who like to see new and interesting ideas. I have been watching the direction of your work and personally find it more interesting than a lot of what's out there. As with any critique, mine is subjective.
dougk52

Post by dougk52 »

Being a designer and model maker the rule of the "S" curve is always an attention getter in design. But lately this traditional way is being departed from. I like the pipe with the curve it had a certain atractive and funky form. (Not an insult in any way). Very nice pipe and most artistic.
Thanks for sharing with us.

Doug
ckr

Post by ckr »

My first impression was "I like it, but ..." I could not see and it did not click.

So, thanks Kurt, regardless of this thread taking a nose dive early on it has been very educational for myself who is not so familiar with balance and quite possibly a slew of other aesthetic quailites.