new pipes

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
AirrikWeaver

new pipes

Post by AirrikWeaver »

here are my three latest pipes

Nick

Post by Nick »

Very cool! Your shapes are very Ben wade-ish
kbadkar
Site Supporter

Post by kbadkar »

Your shaping is very organic. It looks as if they've been shaped by the action of wind and sea, like drift wood or abandoned shells. I'd be curious what happens to these shapes if they were left in the elements a decade or two longer and more wood was removed.
AirrikWeaver

Post by AirrikWeaver »

thanks guys. yeah i would agree that my work has organice undertones. i work in pottery and ceramics as well and the same has been said of that work. it would be an interesting experiment to expose one to the elments and see what happens. not sure i f i am ready to do that to one of my pices yet though. thanks for looking
kbadkar
Site Supporter

Post by kbadkar »

AirrikWeaver wrote:it would be an interesting experiment to expose one to the elments and see what happens. not sure i f i am ready to do that to one of my pices yet though. thanks for looking
It would be an interesting experiment, but I was speaking figuratively. Consider using your same vision and technique, but remove more briar. The pipes look a bit heavy for a clencher like me.
AirrikWeaver

Post by AirrikWeaver »

the one one the bottom is alittle big for a clencher for sure. it isnt too heavy buit not somthing you would want to walk around for more the a few mins in your mouth with. more a of a relaxing around the house pipe. the other too would make it ok clenched in the mouth. if i every get sandblasting equipment then i think i could really lighten pipes up. thanks for the comments