So this friend of mine...

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
bscofield

So this friend of mine...

Post by bscofield »

He wants to rent a blasting cabinet. I'v- Uh, I mean he's heard of people finding places that have them already set up and you just rent time on them. Anyone around here have any advice on what to tell the guy to look for as for business descriptions?

John Crosby, you used the one at the university you work at, right? Would they rent it to anyone else? Should my friend look at a school?
pierredekat

Post by pierredekat »

Your friend might look into getting to know somebody with a little machine shop or other welding/fabrication shop.

If your friend is a likable guy, he might even find somebody who will hook him up for the cost of a six-pack.

I know that I have worked with a few machinists and fabricators over the years, and most of them get a really big kick out of seeing their tools in action.

Um, that didn't sound right, but you know what I mean. :lol:
JHowell

Post by JHowell »

I guess it would be worth a try. You don't know what they were blasting in there before, I'm not sure I'd want to blast a pipe with residue from cleaning car parts, but I say that owning a sandblasting rig. How about this? He buys a small Cyclone cabinet, loads it with his own media and rents the time on the shop's compressor and dust collector?
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

JHowell wrote:I guess it would be worth a try. You don't know what they were blasting in there before, I'm not sure I'd want to blast a pipe with residue from cleaning car parts, but I say that owning a sandblasting rig. How about this? He buys a small Cyclone cabinet, loads it with his own media and rents the time on the shop's compressor and dust collector?
The latter is a possibility... as well.