Another New Crosby

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
ArtGuy

Another New Crosby

Post by ArtGuy »

Hey all, here is another pipe I made. I decided to further explore an idea I had early on in my pipe making of "inflation". Kind of an organic bubble like form that looks to have grown that way rather than being carved. To me this one just seems to look like it is being formed like blown glass from a straw.

7 inches long
1.75 inches high
1.1 oz
Black Palm accent

Last edited by ArtGuy on Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

Very nice John! I am glad to see you cleaned up your act when it comes to the inside of the chamber. :lol:

Seriously though, that is yet another beauty you have produced there. It does, as you stated, look like blown glass...cool idea. Awesome execution!
-Bryan

"You should never fight, but if you have to fight...fight dirty. Kick 'em in the groin, throw a rock at 'em"

www.quinnpipes.com
custom300

Post by custom300 »

Really beautiful work. I'm am envious of your design thought, and the skill represented in the final product. This is another inspiring masterpiece.
Blessing and Peace

Jamie
Nick

Post by Nick »

Very cool buddy. I love the idea. It would be neat to have it photgraphed in some sort of glass blowing setting.
josh_ford

Post by josh_ford »

Very nice! I really like how the groove in the bamboo continues into the briar. I love watching glass-blowing on TV and the such and your execution of that idea is brilliant! Well done.

Josh
bluesmk

Post by bluesmk »

John,
Beautiful! Design, bamboo, the whole pipe....but I really like the black palm ! Very nice.
Dan
Gabrieli Pipes