Most Popular Size Bowls ?

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
WBill

Most Popular Size Bowls ?

Post by WBill »

I tend to like large bowled pipes, when I fill a pipe with one of my favorite tobaccos I like for it to last for awhile.

I was just curious about what you think the average customer likes in bowl size or do they find a shape they like and could care very little about the size of the bowl ?

Thanks Bill
LexKY_Pipe

Post by LexKY_Pipe »

Bowl size is important to me when I buy a pipe. Larger bowls for more relaxing times. Smaller bowls when I need to have a quick smoke and then head on. I don't want to have a bowl so large if I'm in a hurry that I wind up wasting tobacco.
Craig

From the heart of the Blue Grass.
Lexington, KY

loscalzo.pipes@gmail.com
WBill

Post by WBill »

Craig, I'm the type who want smoke unless I can set down and enjoy the pipe. When I'm out running around I want even take my pipe with me unless I know I will be somewhere I can take my time when I smoke.

Bill
marks

Post by marks »

I have two sizes that I use for drilling bowls. 3/4 and 7/8, as Random described. I find lately that I am using the 3/4 bit almost exclusively. I haven't drilled a block with the 7/8 in quite some time.

Regarding depth, that depends on the pipe I am making at the time, although most chambers seem to be ending up around 1 1/2 deep lately.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Ken Lamb said 7/8ths is his most popular bit sold.
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

I use 3/4 and 7/8 almost exclusively. The 7/8 bit is getting more of a workout these days, as I've had a lot of requests for bowls of that size. Depth is determined entirely by what "looks right".
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com