Have a hidden tang bowie for trade.

What to buy a used tool? Looking to sell some extra stems or inlay material? Post your buy, sell, or trade requests and advertisements here.
i.keenum

Have a hidden tang bowie for trade.

Post by i.keenum »

First of let me say thanks for looking and you guys are craftsman above and beyond anything I put out. I've been dabbling in putting handles on knives for a few months now and figured I'd show you guys my latest and offer it up for trade if it's worthy of anything.

So made this from a 440c bowie blank. The handle is solid padauk with steel and bocote accent. Completely done by hand, all files and sand papers after the original cuts on the scroll saw. Fits in the hand wonderfully and the grain on the padauk is great. It is finished with tung oil and wax, if you want it and decide you want a synthetic finish on it like a polyurethane let me know and ill put it on for free. Happy to trade for possibly a predrill kit, a shop pipe or blocks, let me know what you guys think I'm pretty open to much of anything to help further my pipe making skills.

Thanks brothers,
Ian

socrates

Re: Have a hidden tang bowie for trade.

Post by socrates »

Nice work!
Vermont Freehand

Re: Have a hidden tang bowie for trade.

Post by Vermont Freehand »

I'd trade a couple pipe kits for it, or let me know what you may be interested in for supplies