Final Shirt Design...Want one?

The place to make announcements of interest to the Forum members.
Tyler
Site Supporter

Final Shirt Design...Want one?

Post by Tyler »

Well...the shirt is designed! I hope to take it to the screener early next week. I will have prices soon after that, and I would guess that it will likely be in the $15 range. (Yes, I intend to make a few bucks at that price...I intend to gift the designers with a shirt, and pay the rest toward my hosting costs for the site. If I make more than the cost of those two things, then I'll take my wife to dinner! 8) )

My intention at this point is to go navy blue with white ink. I will let the printer talk me out of that if he his experience suggests that is bad for this design.

Assuming a price of $15 or less, please reply to this thread if you want a shirt, and how many you want so that I might accurately gauge how many to have made. Please indicate the size you want in your reply.

A BIG thanks goes out to three guys for their work on this project:

Magruder -- for the design idea of the front,
Munkey -- for his Photoshop work, AND...

Crosby -- for his sketches (are those cool sketches, or what?!).

THANKS GUYS!!!

Right now it is my intention to have the shirts completed by Chicago, and deliver them there. I'd rather NOT get into a huge shipping fiasco. I intend to ship the shirts in one big box to Crosby, and he is going to drive them to the show. AFTER Chicago, I will take on shipping any for folks that are not at the show. Before then, I will be too busy making pipes to do a bunch of packaging. SORRY, to those not going to Chicago that want a shirt. :(

Without further ado:

FRONT:

BACK:

Let me mention that this is not a design proposal. I am not looking for suggestions on the design, I am asking if you want one as it is designed. (If you are dying to make a suggestion ( :wink: ), go ahead and PM me instead of posting the suggestion to this thread.)
Last edited by Tyler on Tue May 17, 2005 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

I'll take one, maybe two. Not sure. I think I'd want a large (by most standards that is). Will you have like a tshirt make to tell us? That way I could find out what size is what I'm looking for. Ya know? Anyway, put me down for one or two.

Ben
munkey

Post by munkey »

Magruder, great concept. Crosby the sketches look very, very nice.

Good work, gents :thumb:

Tyler, I would take a total of two, size large. My wife saw the design and asked if it would be available as a Baby Doll T-shirt. I doubt it, but if so, make it three. I thought it was pretty cool she wanted to wear a pipe making shirt! It might not be bad PR to have some babes sporting the shirt. :D
hlp808

Post by hlp808 »

I'll take one. As for size, It's gotta be bigger than xxL, more like xxxxL :thumb: if you can get it.

Jaden
jthpipes

Post by jthpipes »

put me down for two XXL. I will not be in chicago so would need them shipped. Great design by the way!
LexKY_Pipe

Post by LexKY_Pipe »

I'm sure others like myself who can't make Chicago this year will want one, but sure don't want Tyler to have a huge pain in the rump over shipping. Maybe someone can come up with a good idea for those who need them shipped.

I think this communites membership will grow exponentially with these shirts in Chicago as advertising.

Nice job guys.
Craig

From the heart of the Blue Grass.
Lexington, KY

loscalzo.pipes@gmail.com
ScoJo

Post by ScoJo »

I'd be interested in one - size XL.
jeff

Post by jeff »

Excellent work! I am very impressed and you can count me in for one Large shirt.

See you in 42 days.

Jeff
sagiter

Post by sagiter »

I'll take 2 in I guess 2XL.

Neil
Neil Flancbaum
www.smokinholsters.com
Home of the Ultimate Pipe Bag
Nick

Post by Nick »

Way cool guys. I'll take at least one, if not two in XL. And maybe one in a kids size if you make any.

Not sure about Chicago, but a buddy will be there and can pick them up for me.

NJ
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

Glad to see some interest. :thumb:

I'm sure there is no problem getting kids/ladies sizes and styles, and larger sizes. Just let me know what you want. There will likely be a price difference for some of the one-off styles/sizes, but probably not more than a couple of bucks.

NOTE: Please take a look at the first post again..I have made one minor change to the design of the front.

Tyler
Last edited by Tyler on Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
ArtGuy

Post by ArtGuy »

That was a good move Tyler, I was thinking the exact same thing last night after we hung up.
ScoJo

Post by ScoJo »

I gotta admit, I am missing what was changed. What did you do?

Any chance this might end up a black T with white ink? Hey, I am into black.

Bonus trivia - Name the Movie:

"...ask yourself, 'How much more black could this be?' and the answer is...none...None more black."
ScoJo

Post by ScoJo »

Oops. Missed the part about not making suggestions. I'd edit it out, but I am leaving it up for the cheesy trivia factor.
hiway

Post by hiway »

I'll take one Tyler. Size XL.

Dave
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

The change is "....." instead of "...". See? 8)

As for black.....nope. I can't stand black t-shirts. :P

Tyler
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

Guys,

I'm leaving on an Indian Princess campout in a few minutes. Therefore, I will be absent from the board for the weekend. If you have a T-shirt question, please don't be dismayed that I am silent for the next few days.

I shall return!

Tyler
alexanderfrese

Post by alexanderfrese »

Tyler wrote:The change is "....." instead of "...". See? 8)

Tyler
Just to throw my 1 Euro-Cent of professional experience as a typographer into this: There is no such character as "...." or "......" or "(n+1) x . " (where n is ≥ 3). The only correct spelling of this »ellipsis« as it should be called as a charater in English is simply 3 dots. And it has an own spacing. It is an own accesible glyph within almost every typeface. I sit in front of an Apple, so I don't believe my keyboard shortcuts will help.

I don't want to get on your nerves. Just wanted to prevent you from running around with a shirt with a plain misspelling on it. That's what it would be. No better than writing »bryar« instead of »briar«.

Alex
achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

Tyler,

I would like 1 Large and 1 X-Large, but unfortunately I will not be in Chicago. So if you can work it out after Chicago that would be great.

Thanks,
-Bryan
-Bryan

"You should never fight, but if you have to fight...fight dirty. Kick 'em in the groin, throw a rock at 'em"

www.quinnpipes.com
ScoJo

Post by ScoJo »

Well, I wasn't going to go there for fear of being too picky, but I have to side with Alexander on this one. An ellipsis is three dots. Sometimes you see 4, which is intended as an ellipsis followed by a period.