Plateaux Briar for sale

What to buy a used tool? Looking to sell some extra stems or inlay material? Post your buy, sell, or trade requests and advertisements here.
jeff

Plateaux Briar for sale

Post by jeff »

Gentlemen,

It is generally known that good briar is difficult to procure for beginning and even intermediate hobby pipemakers. Many of you are unsatisfied with the prices you are paying domestically for unsatisfactory wood and are unable to justify making a large international purchase. I hope to help you out.

I have 25 blocks that I would like to offer for sale. This briar comes from my personal stock and is from the same supplier whose wood was used to make many of the pipes on my website. All of the blocks are plateaux. As you can see in the photos, the grain is very good on all sides and the wood is cut properly. The cut is especially important for those of you using drill presses because you don't have the option to shift the block shape without much trouble. The blocks in the photos below were chosen at random to give you the most accurate representation of the general quality of wood that is being offered.

All of the blocks are roughly 3 3/4"x 2" x 2 1/2" (LxWxH). Of course, each block varies slightly, some are much larger, others are a bit smaller.

Prices:

1-5 Blocks: $15/pp plus shipping. (2 block minimum)
5+ Blocks: $12/pp plus shipping

I charge actual cost for shipping and use either USPS or UPS.

If you're looking for specific dimensions, I'll do my best match them.

If you are interested, send me a private message or email.

I hope that I can help some of you out,

Jeff

jeff

Post by jeff »

Gentlemen,

2 blocks are remaining for sale. If you'd been wanting to buy and have hesitated, now is the time! :)

Best,

Jeff
jeff

Post by jeff »

I'm all sold out folks. Thanks for the interest and I hope to see some great new pipes out of this stuff! Depending on when and whether Tyler gets up and running with his supplies, I may periodically offer more briar as I acquire it.

Best regards,

Jeff