tossing the first pipes You made

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
notow1

tossing the first pipes You made

Post by notow1 »

OK, the first pipes I made are shop pipes that smoke well but it wasn't until I started applying the advice given on this forum that I realized a pipe could be more comfortable to smoke. I now have about ten pipes with very fat stems behind the button plus buttons that can't be fixed. The next batch of pipes are much better and have become My shop pipes but I am having a hard time tossing the first ones. What does Everyone do with Their first ugly pipes? You can't save everything or You would end up on that Hoarders show. I realize the ideal answer is to sell Your pipes and I hope that is in the near future, Norm.
Joe Hinkle Pipes

Re: tossing the first pipes You made

Post by Joe Hinkle Pipes »

who said you cant keep them all? These are just the ones I havent smoked yet. Sorry it is such a terrible photo, but you can do whatever you want. Keep them, smoke them, burn them, give them away. I have even heard of people selling them.

pipedreamer

Post by pipedreamer »

You can send them to me and I will pay the postage.I fix them if possible then send overseas to combat troops.
wisemanpipes

Post by wisemanpipes »

fuchi_jeg wrote:who said you cant keep them all? These are just the ones I havent smoked yet. Sorry it is such a terrible photo, but you can do whatever you want. Keep them, smoke them, burn them, give them away. I have even heard of people selling them.

JOE, all of those need to be blasted ASAP!
wisemanpipes

Post by wisemanpipes »

oh and Norm, just through them out or give em away. if they are nice stummels, keep them and remake stems and sel them as estates. I had a butt load of shop pipes but they all got thrown out...
Joe Hinkle Pipes

Post by Joe Hinkle Pipes »

evan, I dont have 6 lbs of tobacco to send you to blast those. lol Some are smokable, just lumpy. some have shank cracks or other issues. and a few are almost nice.
wisemanpipes

Post by wisemanpipes »

fuchi_jeg wrote:evan, I dont have 6 lbs of tobacco to send you to blast those. lol Some are smokable, just lumpy. some have shank cracks or other issues. and a few are almost nice.
hahaah send me an email if you might want those blasted... we might be able to work something out
notow1

Post by notow1 »

pipedreamer wrote:You can send them to me and I will pay the postage.I fix them if possible then send overseas to combat troops.
If Your going to send them to the Troops I will clean them to the best of My ability and send them to You and I will cover the postage. I hope You can make them usefull. I am not home now but pm Me and We can make arrangements, Norm.
lancefisher51

Post by lancefisher51 »

I would love to help with that! In any way possable. As a Afghanistan vet myself I think that's awesome idea. An even tho my pipes are the best looking I know for a fact that some troops will love to recieve them an smome them. No matter how good they smoke or how many smokes they last... troops will love that! We should try an get a bunch of everyone's old shop pipes to restore an send over.

Lance
Using Tapatalk
pipedreamer

Post by pipedreamer »

pm sent
Literaryworkshop

Post by Literaryworkshop »

Fortunately (for me, and unfortunately for other people), almost all of my first five or ten pipes are now in the hands of others. I have my very first pipe sitting up on a shelf in my office. I keep looking at it, thinking one day I'm going to get so sick of its ugliness that I will replace the stem and then take some rasps to it and give a real shape. Then again, I start thinking that I will leave it alone to remind myself that, no matter how bad my current pipes look, my first pipe looked far, far worse.
- Steve S.