Blowfish with Bamboo Shank

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
jogilli
Site Supporter

Blowfish with Bamboo Shank

Post by jogilli »

I haven't posted in a while.. besides working on basic improvement I bought some real lights for taking pictures...so fellas .. and lady... critique is welcome .. oh yea.. this is my last pipe for 2013 ;-)

Oh BTW I hate the stupid fuzz.. what do you folks do to get rid of it?

L 5 1/2
W 1 5/8
H 2 3/8
Bowl Depth 1 1/2
Chamber 3/4
Bit width 16.8mm .. sorry
Bit width 3.7mm
d.huber

Re: Blowfish with Bamboo Shank

Post by d.huber »

Nicely done, James!

Man, you really did an excellent job of keeping your sandpaper off of your bamboo. I'm still struggling with that.
http://www.dshpipes.com

"Strive for excellence, not for what someone else accepts."
-Tyler Beard
Ocyd

Post by Ocyd »

The stummel and stem look so shiny the bamboo seems a little out of place. How did you get it so shiny? It's like polished stone.
jogilli
Site Supporter

Post by jogilli »

David

It just takes time and practice... That bamboo is sturdier than the thinner bamboo in the outer skin..when I first started working with bamboo I used painters tape ... Now I just sand around it with higher grits

Ocyd

Just a lot of polishing and building up a shine on... One of the final buffs I do is with a special yellow paste sold over in Europe for high glass buffing after the final 600'grit sanding... And top,it off with carnauba wax

Same for the stem... Multiple high glass buffs after sanding... 520 grit, and a high glass yellow paste... The bamboo is shiny also it just doesn't show up as much due to lighting I guess

James