Pipe show hilarity

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
LatakiaLover

Re: Pipe show hilarity

Post by LatakiaLover »

UberHuberMan wrote:
So... what's the possibility of inviting him to a public debate on the subject?
No idea what he might think of such an invitation, but a big no from me. It's one of those so-easy-to-prove-by-demonstration things that he'd just get pounded. Then, the spectacle of the "debate" itself would become the story, not the information exchanged. The PipeWorld equivalent of this infamous cringe video:

(Ancient Chinese "mind energy" super-duper karate master calls out an MMA fighter --- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEDaCIDvj6I )

We don't need that.

I only mentioned the incident at all---and only here on PF---for its entertainment value to you guys, because you all work with vulcanite regularly and would see the humor straight away. (If jokes have to be explained the humor is lost.)

If I learn that he actually does try to start a blackball campaign sort of thing, though, and wasn't just puffing his feathers, all bets are off. In that case, he'll definitely need to stand the fuck by. :twisted:
UFOs must be real. There's no other explanation for cats.
d.huber

Post by d.huber »

LatakiaLover wrote:
UberHuberMan wrote:
So... what's the possibility of inviting him to a public debate on the subject?
No idea what he might think of such an invitation, but a big no from me. It's one of those so-easy-to-prove-by-demonstration things that he'd just get pounded. Then, the spectacle of the "debate" itself would become the story, not the information exchanged. The PipeWorld equivalent of this infamous cringe video:

(Ancient Chinese "mind energy" super-duper karate master calls out an MMA fighter --- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEDaCIDvj6I )
Woof.
LatakiaLover wrote: We don't need that.

I only mentioned the incident at all---and only here on PF---for its entertainment value to you guys, because you all work with vulcanite regularly and would see the humor straight away. (If jokes have to be explained the humor is lost.)

If I learn that he actually does try to start a blackball campaign sort of thing, though, and wasn't just puffing his feathers, all bets are off. In that case, he'll definitely need to stand the fuck by. :twisted:
Hopefully he was just posturing. If it goes down, just make sure you have video. Then we can do a side by side comparison of the Kiai Master and laugh hysterically at the ignorant ass. :twisted:
http://www.dshpipes.com

"Strive for excellence, not for what someone else accepts."
-Tyler Beard
RadDavis

Post by RadDavis »

It's not fair to punch an old man in the nose. :lol:

Rad
phmann

Post by phmann »

Okay fine guys, it was me. I can't take it any longer! What happened was my go-to pipe repair guy (my neighbor's kid) told me that he only buffs stems because sanding removes material. I think he must have learned that on the Interweb, or mespace, or school or something. Anyway I am a universally renowned pipe collector and I only go to the best for my stem repair! Therefore my judgement and expertise were called into question when someone told me that sanding is a good way to help restore an oxidized pipe stem, which I will not allow! My stellar and prestigious reputation was at stake! I couldn't accept the fact that I had been preaching to others something that might have been wrong! You mean my go-to guy doesn't know everything!?!

The person that shared this nonsense referenced you! You are to blame for my feelings of foolishness! You're out there spreading the word that directly contradicts what I have been telling people this whole time! Instead of being humble and accepting it as information, I chose to react aggressively, as I projected my feelings of inadequacy onto you.

I emotionally cannot accept the fact that I was wrong and also cannot accept the fact that people have different methods and preferences.

Screw you guys, I'm going home!
"A good pipe guides the restless mind."

-Manny

http://mriverapipes.wordpress.com
Ocelot55

Post by Ocelot55 »

Wow, George. You should of called me over. My melodramatic western villain appearance is usually enough to make folks clam up. "This guy might tie me to some railroad tracks if I upset him!"

Seriously, I find it incredible how much ignorance can be a chosen state of existence.

I wouldn't worry too much about your reputation. It speaks for itself. I guess Scottie could always get him in a headlock for you. :mrgreen:
scotties22

Post by scotties22 »

I would have loved to put someone in a headlock this weekend. It's been far too long and I think I'm a little out of practice.
Am I Calamity Jane or Annie Oakley??...depends on the day.
www.ladybriar.com
LatakiaLover

Post by LatakiaLover »

Ocelot55 wrote:Wow, George. You should of called me over. My melodramatic western villain appearance is usually enough to make folks clam up. "This guy might tie me to some railroad tracks if I upset him!"
So you were that guy? The one with the derby, handlebar stash, and poker-dealer shirt?

I was hoping to meet you, but didn't know who to look for or what your real name is. People would just think I lost my cat.

LatakiaLover

Post by LatakiaLover »

scotties22 wrote:I would have loved to put someone in a headlock this weekend. It's been far too long and I think I'm a little out of practice.
If it weren't for the whole police-being-called-and-getting-hauled-off-to-jail thing, I would have paid to see that. Young Mom Cradles Newborn With One Arm While Kicking Man's Ass With the Other would be the National Enquirer headline. You'd probably hove gotten calls from reality TV producers afterward, too.

Hm. Maybe it would have been worth it. :twisted:
scotties22

Post by scotties22 »

I can hillbilly it up when I need to. I can kick all kinds of asses with one hand (this is filed in the "things my husband knows and is unlikely to forget any time soon" folder in my house) :lol:
Am I Calamity Jane or Annie Oakley??...depends on the day.
www.ladybriar.com
Ocelot55

Post by Ocelot55 »

George, close, but not quite. I was the fellow who split a table with Scottie. (nice ocelot pic btw)