New lathe

Discussions of tools wether you bought them or made them yourself. Anything from screwdrivers to custom chucks and drilling rigs.
pipedreamer

New lathe

Post by pipedreamer »

Happy fathers day to all. I get to wait a couple of months for my present, however I'm happier than a puppy with two peters because it's a new PM 1127VF with the works. I thought long and hard on this one. Read Todd Johnsons' and Scott Sethilles' opinion, Then Kurt put me over the top with the sexy beast comment. Thank you to all for your opinions, they matter to me.
Nate

Re: New lathe

Post by Nate »

Congrats! I love mine and I'm sure you'll love yours!
pipedreamer

Post by pipedreamer »

Thanks Nate. John.
pipedreamer

Post by pipedreamer »

My fat fingers and carpal tunnel,Well I got scotts last name wrong. Thats Thile. Sorry,You have to be one of the nicest and most talented people I know. I'll make it up to you by memorizing your site. Thats a killer site. John.
billiard

Post by billiard »

Congrats, looks like a really nice one!
Nate

Post by Nate »

pipedreamer wrote:My fat fingers and carpal tunnel,Well I got scotts last name wrong. Thats Thile. Sorry,You have to be one of the nicest and most talented people I know. I'll make it up to you by memorizing your site. Thats a killer site. John.
We all knew who you meant ;) No harm no foul.
5277a124

Post by 5277a124 »

You will love it. Think about getting the custom 2 jaw chuck from Mark Yingling. Also, be prepared to wait for china. They told me 2-3 months, but it took 8 months.