Trent Rudat!

Discussions of tools wether you bought them or made them yourself. Anything from screwdrivers to custom chucks and drilling rigs.
the rev

Trent Rudat!

Post by the rev »

Guys, I just want to say this man is awesome. I had him make me a chuck with tower jaws and the good ole us postal service roughed it up breaking the pins. He got some more pins to me rapid. Then I went to put the chuck on my machine... I f'd up so bad. I gave him the measurements for my spindle and I gave him the wrong measurements. 30 years in the trades you would think measure twice cut once would be ingrained into my skull. So basically I had a chuck that I paid good money for that I couldn't use. I called trent to see what could be done, hoping that I wouldn't have to have a whole new chuck made. Well he has helped me so much, is going to mount his chuck onto my old backing plate and is doing it all for the price of the postage. Not only that, but he has been so friendly and accommodating through the entire process.

Now I cant give a review of his product, as I haven't used it yet, and to be honest I wouldn't know any better, but based on his service and his character I recommend doing business with him.

rev
"but rev, isn't smoking a sin?"

well I suppose if one were to smoke to excess it would be a sin

"but what would be smoking to excess?"

Why smoking two pipes at once of course
Alden

Re: Trent Rudat!

Post by Alden »

Yessir. You can say whatever you want to say about Trent, but I think he's a helluva guy.
He does good work, prices can not be beat and always has time to talk to you about what you're getting.
caskwith

Post by caskwith »

Any idea how long it takes him to reply to an email. I asked him for a quote last week and no reply as yet?
Alden

Post by Alden »

caskwith wrote:Any idea how long it takes him to reply to an email. I asked him for a quote last week and no reply as yet?
I would say call him but thats probably not an option for you Chris.... FWIW I have always talked to him on the phone and he always answered or got back to me the same day. You might send another email saying you would call him but you couldnt afford the long distance fees ! I get the feeling he wouldn't have an email or website at all if he could get away with it.
caskwith

Post by caskwith »

Ha, typical he emailed back today.
the rev

Post by the rev »

for me it was usually a couple of days between emails

rev
"but rev, isn't smoking a sin?"

well I suppose if one were to smoke to excess it would be a sin

"but what would be smoking to excess?"

Why smoking two pipes at once of course
maddis

Post by maddis »

He emailed me back pretty quickly initially, and then we talked on the phone. Hopefully should have a set of his jaws in a couple of weeks.
Sea Jay

Post by Sea Jay »

Well, thanks for the info, I sent him an e-mail as I need a 2 jaw chuck. Trying to make one myself.... :banghead:
Happy Puffing...
Sea Jay
Rodneywt1180b

Post by Rodneywt1180b »

Good to see there are guys who are willing to go above and beyond like that.
Rodney
maddis

Post by maddis »

I've had the Rudat jaws for about a month now. I've chucked probably 5-6 blocks. The jaws have been excellent. They lined right up on my lathe's center, easy to adjust, can hold blocks at a variety of angles. I'm very pleased and hope they last a good long time.