Life span on Bulk Tobacco?

What good is a pipe without tobacco? Discuss your favorites in here.
marks

Post by marks »

Tyler wrote:
flea1 wrote: They said it is like drinking coffee for the first time...you either like it or you don't.
I didn't like coffee the first time I tried it but I do now, likewise many tobaccos. Maybe its just me though.

As for bulks...McClelland's 5100 is one of my favorites, and McClelland in general is a high quality brand that is good to experiment within. You can do some sniff testing, buy what smells good, and see if you like it. The examples of the respective blend types will be high quality and good indicators.

Tyler
Also, don't forget the Cornell and Diehl blends. Some of these are quite popular. They have quite a few.

Flea, a good place to go is tobaccoreviews.com for reviews of blends by pipe smokers. Once you find some reviewers that have similar tastes as you, you are in business with picking unknown blends. Sometimes, picking tinned blends without trying them first or reading reviews from people with similar tastes as you can be an expensive crap shoot, particularly with prices what they are today.

Another good way to sample blends, is go to a pipe show. There are usually shops and blenders there with many samples to try.
fubar

Post by fubar »

Speaking of C&D, try Mississippi Mud. Some say it's kind of strong, but I've never had a problem with it. And I'd swear I can taste some sort of top note. This is my go-to tobacco at the moment.
flea1

Post by flea1 »

Yeah...I just ordered some Dunhill 965, Frog Morton and Frog Morton Across the pond from smokingpipes.com....should be coming this Friday. I can't fricken wait...I like the Early Morning Pipe but feel it is too mild for an afternoon/midday smoke.